Okay.. so I just got my brand new MXR Blue Box (octave/fuzz at once). I tried using it on the clean channel of my Spider II, but it sounds like total garbage! Now before you start telling me that all Line 6 amps sound like garbage, just listen:

I'm using 2 guitars.. an ESP eclipse with an EMG81/60 set and an LTD Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout pickup. Using both these guitars, when I play through the Blue Box into my clean channel, it sounds like the amp is being "overloaded." When I play really high notes (top 3 strings, 12th fret and lower) the effect sounds really good and does what it should. However, when I start playing lower notes, it gets really muddy and sometimes cuts out for a split second and comes back in. I had a similar problem with a Jackson guitar I used to own that had EMGs in it. The signal would be fine then all of a sudden get muddy and cut out and come back.

Haven't tried it on my Marshall yet.. I suspect it should probably work better.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
You should know that actives + spider = crap. Just try it on the Marshall and make your life easier.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Dude that's just how it sounds. It's a crazy pedal. Your amp isn't supposed to have a Low E note 2 octaves down played through it.

Use your neck pickup and it may work better- but if you expect this pedal to sound "pretty" at any time- take it back to the store.
Hey, I'm Mike.
I suspect it's the amp. Since even on the clean channel, the amp takes the signal and runs it through a program of sorts to make it sound nice. However, when you send in something that it was not supposed to receive (as in, the Blue Box's signal) the bass frequencies that come out of it are more it can handle. That's what I'm guessing anyway. Might be the speaker too (I hear the Spiders have pretty bad speakers in them). It might not be able to handle the low frequencies.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Try a bass amp maybe, sounds like a stupid idea till you realise the signals are closer to bass amps range. Tbh it is probably jus the line 6 though they are pretty bad...
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
Ah, I'll try it through my Marshall stack this weekend and see how it sounds.. crazy stompbox though.. I love it!
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
There's nothing wrong with you pedal (or probably anything else). That's just the way the pedal is. It's better on higher/medium notes rather than bass notes. It's NOT GOOD with chords. You sustain will be diminshed. And IMO they sound more "stable" on solid-state amps rather than tube amps. Also, I think they sound better with humbuckers. You just have to get a feel for the pedal