http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807

This is my amp.

It personally sounds like ****.

I play hardcore/metal. mostly death metal.

The amp. Is horrible in my words. I basically wasted 600 dollars on it... so i'm going to sell it for 400 or so and buy a tube amp.. most likely Line 6's new amps.

Yeah.

Anything i can do right now to make my amp sound better... i'm going to start playing shows here in a month or so... and i want a better sound... i play a b.c. rich warlock revenge ... just so you know.
Maybe a distortion pedal through the clean channel instead of using the distortion channel (which I believe is rather bad?)? Or some sort of a preamp (POD for example) into the effects loop return, but that'd cost so much it's probably not worth it.

Sidenote, if you play mostly hardcore/death metal, you might want to consider something else than Line 6. Their biggest selling point is usually versatility instead of great tones.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
well what wrong with it, tonal wise, or what..
because a mate of mine as the same model , hes able to make it sound nice.. unless its just not suiting ur style, that y u test things before buy, but also dont go the line 6 its to mechanical (artificial) in sound and u will still probably be disappointed with it..

do u have any pedals
Well it is a MG only thing a can say know is We told everyone and you didnt listen now you have a ****ty amp
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
hmm.....I would definately buy a distortion pedal of some sort. Maybe a Rocktron Silver Dragon. And for your new amp, i would say a Peavey Valveking with an Overdrive boost in front of it would be enough if you used all the gain on the amp.
i have supression pedal so i don't get an annoying buzz the whole time from this amp. and i have a line 6 amp that i really like... it's amazing. and my friend in my band has it... it's beautiful.
Quote by qotsa1998
hmm.....I would definately buy a distortion pedal of some sort. Maybe a Rocktron Silver Dragon. And for your new amp, i would say a Peavey Valveking with an Overdrive boost in front of it would be enough if you used all the gain on the amp.

The Rocktron costs 200+ doesn't it? Yes it might work, but might not be worth it.

Oh, and if you think the Line 6 sounds good, you might like some other amps a lot more. No offense, but you bought a MG, so your experience with amps doesn't seem to be too excessive.

But then again, the Spider Valve (and the Flextones/Vettas) aren't bad amps.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.