So I have been playing for a little more than a year and I'd like to know how I'm doing so far. Songs I can fully (none or sometimes a small mistake) play without the solo:

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath - N.I.B.
Black Sabbath - Behind the Wall of Sleep
Black Sabbath - Iron Man
Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
Black Sabbath - (with solo) Paranoid
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death
Cream - Sunshine of your Love
Animals - House of the Rising Sun

Songs I can play bits and pieces from:

Cream - Crossroads
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
The Police - Message in a Bottle
Iron Maiden - Transylvania

Further more I know all the boxes of the Minor penatonic blues scale and I can sort of improvise in A. I also know 4 of 5 boxes of the A harmonic minor and I'm able to tap somewhat.

Sorry for the wall of text, but tell me, how am I doing and what should I learn next?

Ps. Free cookies if you can guess my favourite band.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Doing better than I am, that's for sure.

Favorite band: Boy George and The Culture Club
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
don't compare yourself, if your happy it shouldn't matter, you might be a bit ahead of me i don't think i could improvise well, try playing the solo's in songs they'll improve your playing
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
you are doing pretty good, but try learning some songs with more solo's just to challenge yourself. try learning like all of sweet child' o mine. the solo is easy but it also really helps with bends a lot. also for the songs you already know try learning everything, not just the riffs(unless the solo is insanely hard)
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead
Pretty decent, only when I started I concentrated on chords/theory not specific songs because thats how my teacher taught me but keep it up
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
dont compare yourself steve vai kirk hammett steve vai way more technical and probably knows more thoery but i love both guitarists best thing to do is devlop your own style u should just make chord progressions and solo over scales it helps to get your own style may sound weird but it does work good luck m8
Favorite band: Boy George and The Culture Club

No cookies for you,

N'sync?

and you!

don't compare yourself, if your happy it shouldn't matter,

I don't want to be better than other people, I just want to know for myself.

I'll try to learn some more solo's then, are there any other songs I can learn that will greatly improve my playing?

Thanks anyway everyone.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

learn some megadeth songs, like symphony of destruction, and maybe some stuff from led zeppelin like Black Dog.

p.s. your favorite band is Black Sabbath
actually, no one can really tell how good u are until we hear you, you might be able to play a ton of songs, but they could all sound lik S*** so theres no real ytelling, but as far as songs and scales your not doing bad
p.s. your favorite band is Black Sabbath

Quote by SA215OL
actually, no one can really tell how good u are until we hear you, you might be able to play a ton of songs, but they could all sound lik S*** so theres no real ytelling,

You're right, but I can play most without mistakes or maybe some small ones. It's not like I'm raping all the songs like a kid with the syndrom of down, well not really
You should learn solos,if you are interested in them.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Jack_hertz92
Your doing well, by any chance is it black sabath?

Nope it's Black Sabbath
Record than we will critique. But you better not be thinned skinned.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
i started off on sabbath stuff, its great. see you dont know sweet leaf yet, thats a great riff to learn, and its in A! so you can try out some improvisation over it.

supernauts good one to know, and it translates into E tuning pretty well. Snowblind is good aswell, good to see you know behind the wall of sleep, thats my favourite sabbath tune to jam along to! could try some zeppelin and purple too, could also try some fairies wear boots, which is a little more complicated than most sabbath stuff, but its all good.

with iron maiden, hallowed be thy name would be good for you, its not that harder than the trooper, neither is wrathchild
Quote by marko'd

haha, .....

and dime
Clips or GTFO!

Just kidding.
You're doing alright, but i'd learn how to improvise.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, you're probably doing better than me, but I haven't really played a year, I got my first own electric in August 2007. I'm trying to learn The Trooper now but I'm having some problems with it. Practice, practice, practice is what I'm gonna do next.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by Supernaut2k
i started off on sabbath stuff, its great. see you dont know sweet leaf yet, thats a great riff to learn, and its in A! so you can try out some improvisation over it.

supernauts good one to know, and it translates into E tuning pretty well. Snowblind is good aswell, good to see you know behind the wall of sleep, thats my favourite sabbath tune to jam along to! could try some zeppelin and purple too, could also try some fairies wear boots, which is a little more complicated than most sabbath stuff, but its all good.

with iron maiden, hallowed be thy name would be good for you, its not that harder than the trooper, neither is wrathchild

Thank I'll try those. I'll upload some clips later and work more on my improv.
Well we dont really know how well you play those songs. I mean, I know a kid who was like "I learned the intro to(insert slightly challenging song title here)" and he played it for me. Absolutely terrible. Sound clips would be better for judging your progress.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Quote by marko'd

Classic. Sig'd.
As much as I love Hendrix.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
that's just a notch above where I'm at and I've been playing for about 7 months.