I have always heard that traynor makes great amps on the cheap. I am somewhat inexperienced with amps though and i don't know just by looking at the speaker and the tubes, which sound the amp makes or what brand it's trying to emulate.

I just need to know what kind of sound each of these amps make

YCV40
YCV40 Wine Red
YCV50 Blue

Any information would be helpful, thank you
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2
I'm not so experienced either with amps, but I can recall when asking someone about the YCV50 Blue, a few people did describe it as having an almost "marshall-ish" tone to it.
Quote by Black Label93
Well this made my day, thank you, TS.

You may now have your way with my daughter and own all the riches in my kingdom.
Quote by ShiftyNermal
I'm not so experienced either with amps, but I can recall when asking someone about the YCV50 Blue, a few people did describe it as having an almost "marshall-ish" tone to it.

It's a very British sounding amp, and there's definitely a Marshall influence in there, but the YCV-50 is a little bit smoother and more modern in its voicing. I've used one for years, and I couldn't be happier with it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Apr 3, 2008,
No real difference between the two 40's. The Wine one might have the V30 speaker in it, I'm not sure. Same amp, though.

Both the 40 and 50 have great cleans. The 40 is more American and modern voiced with it's 6L6's in the power section, while the 50 has more of a British, Marshall flavor on the gain with it's EL34's.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^The YCV40WR does have the V30. The YCV40 has the terrible Celestion 70/80.

If you go to my profile, you can hear a YCV40T, that I've "modded" with KT77 tubes (They usually use 6L6 types). The result is something more British. Most of the rhythm work in the songs is me and my Traynor. Read the MP3 info to find out exactly what.
It's really more a matter of taste than value between the 40 and 50. If you find you prefer the 40, most people seem to agree that's it's well worth the couple extra bucks for the V30 in the WR model. But if you don't like V30's (and I'm not a huge fan), it may not be worth it to you.

In other words, try 'em out and pick one based on how it sounds to you. All Traynors are quality products at fair prices. You won't go wrong with any of them.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I got 2 Traynor amps, both from early 70's and they still sound great,
Equipment:
=>Gibson ES-137 (Custom) Classic
=>Ibanez 4String Soundgear
=>Peavey Milestone IV
=>Boss Overdrive Bass pedal
=>Vox T-15
=>Traynor 71' Bass Master
=>Traynor Custom Reverb
=>Fender 15-R
The YCV50 Blue is a great amp. I don't own one but I wish I did. I have a Traynor Guitar Mate 20 and it's ok for beginners, but I wouldn't recommend it for more advanced musicians.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
i've generally heard positive things about them
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
read reviews at harmony central if you haven't already (although i think those are the 1st things that pop up on google). has everyone's opinions on the sounds & what kind of tube/speaker mods they tried (if any) to get diff sounds. if your p.ups are hot & you want to darken the tone, there are combinations there ppl have tried. if you want a really bright sound there are suggestions there for this too. lots of ppl tell what gear they are using & what color sound they get so check it out.