Ok, guys, I've a dilemma, and I'm counting on your help.
My science teacher is an interesting guy, he's sort of quiet, and counts on us to do most of everything for the class, it's complicated, but we (the class) have a science project coming up, infact, it's due on Monday, he's only really mentioned it once before, but he's expecting us to have it done.
I have (what I think) is a really great idea for this, however I have no information on it, or any idea where to find it (The information), but you guys have always been more or less reliable as far as information goes, so I'm counting on you.
The idea is to display the differences between single coil pickups and humbuckers, covered and not, and the way one picks up sound as aposed to the other.

So, is this a good idea? Should I just stick to wikipedia? Do you know any sources of information I could use? Wrong section? Search bar? An Hero? Question mark?

Many thanks in advance, and remember, I'm counting on you.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
good idea, u can use wiki WIKI IS GOD.. lol ... single coil is exactly what it says one. humbuckers is just two, as for detail stuff just wiki

every try in google. difference between single and double coil pick ups or something like that.. because im not that handy on the tech side of guitar but others will be so also wait around
Do you have to reference sources for your project? Or just present information? The thing is if you have to reference then Wikipedia is a non-valid academic source due to the fact that its interactive...that is, anyone can write anything up there....

Good luck anyways...just a word of warning....
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
shortly said, single coils have a more bright sound, (mostly) better sound clean and buzz a lot if distortion is applied
humbuckers have a warmer, and richer sound, and they cancel out the hum; so they are like 2 single coils together

also check out wikipedia for a more detailed info
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
Quote by Martindecorum
good idea, u can use wiki WIKI IS GOD.. lol ... single coil is exactly what it says one. humbuckers is just two, as for detail stuff just wiki

every try in google. difference between single and double coil pick ups or something like that.. because im not that handy on the tech side of guitar but others will be so also wait around

The problem I keep having with wikipedia is it has just every little tidbit of information they can manage, some of it comes off as completely irrelevant and biased, and it's hard for me, being the person I am, to properly summarize it into something that makes sense without other parts of it being present, which is why I was sort of hoping there were alternate sources of information on the subject.
Also, as it has been said, Wikipedia is not a 'real' source of information anymore, so I can't do much with it.

I need more than "One has 2, the other has 1. The end.", but I need slightly less than 10 paragraphs of boring. (To the reader, that is, assuming they're not guitarists themselves or already know this.)

I really hate to be so picky..
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

Quote by Martindecorum
yeah i no what ya mean i also had a little browse for ya.. came up empty sorry

I really appreciate you putting forth the effort in the first place, exceptionally kind of you, despite your empty-handedness.

Quote by NorfIrIon
I really appreciate you putting forth the effort in the first place, exceptionally kind of you, despite your empty-handedness.

yeah i just thought y not cause like i said i didnt really no much either so i wanted to learn a bit about it too
Quote by yaffle

You are my best friend.
I've yet to get a real chance to read through them all, but at a glance, they all look like EXACTLY what I needed.
I can't thank you enough.