Why do so many people nowadays hate Nickelback? I personally like their harder, more post-grunge style music. These days, they are going kinda too mainstream and poppy and everything, but their older stuff from The Curb and The State were fantastic, you've got to admit that. But these days, so many people dislike or hate them. Why is it? Is it because they were played to death on the radios? I am not trying to start anything against anyone, especially since I like Nickelback myself, but I think too many people dislike them for no reason. Get the songs Old Enough, Leader Of Men and Little Friend; and you'll have to admit, there is nothing wrong with them.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
I like Nickelback a lot.

They're getting popular again around here.
I admit Rockstar is getting on my nerves on the radio, but I like them.

Of course, people have different opinions.
because all of their songs sound pretty much the same. and unlike bands like AC/DC they aren't really able to pull that off and still be cool.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I dislike them because they write cringe-worthy lyrics, have vocals that I personally can't stand, and offer nothing remotely interesting musically.
I rather like them. You gotta admit they're decent songwriters, and IMO Rockstar isn't one of those songs that got big by accident. Their previous hits "back in the day" are all solid and rockin' too, and Chad has a great voice, wether you like it or not.

They're far from perfect, but of all mainstream bands today, they are the least deserving of their hate.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
because all of their songs sound pretty much the same. and unlike bands like AC/DC they aren't really able to pull that off and still be cool.

Unfortunately AC/DC were never cool enough to pull it off either...

TS, don't get hung up on why people don't like them. If you like them, more power to you.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Unfortunately AC/DC were never cool enough to pull it off either...

This is one of those rare opinions which is, in fact, wrong
Nickelback huh? Where to start...

How about the fact that their lead singer's voice sounds like a dying horse? This guy's voice is incapable of sounding sober.

How about the fact that their songs' lyrics consist of a little bit of whiny babble followed by repeating the chorus over and over.

How about the fact that they're just like every other nu metal band these days with the same i-iv-v power chords?

How about the fact that their songs all have identical melody and structure?

How about the fact that they're a manufactured product whose only purpose is to be purchased?
Quote by Chordzzz
Nickelback huh? Where to start...

How about the fact that their lead singer's voice sounds like a dying horse? This guy's voice is incapable of sounding sober.

How about the fact that their songs' lyrics consist of a little bit of whiny babble followed by repeating the chorus over and over.

How about the fact that they're just like every other nu metal band these days with the same i-iv-v power chords?

How about the fact that their songs all have identical melody and structure?

How about the fact that they're a manufactured product whose only purpose is to be purchased?

How about the fact almost every point you made is entirely wrong; made of ignorance and fail?

I'm not trying to be a big Nickleback defender here, I'm not a fan at all, but, like most mainstream music, the "criticisms" people level at it are just plain weak. Sorry it isn't kvlt and br00tal enough for you, but why not just say that instead of spouting out crap?

I'd accept it if you said "I hate _______ because they use clean guitars and sing." But no, you pretend you are the god of musical criticism.
i'm not a fan of brutal and heavy metal, i just hate artificial douche bags like chad kroeger
It is cool to hate certain bands these days. Don't you want to be cool?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie