Two great guitars i think. I have a choice: a new epi custom or a 4 years old EC-1000.
I am playing rock, metal, but i also like clean sounds. I play Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Guns n' Roses and Billy Talent. A little Vai and Satch too.
The EC-1000 has EMG 81 and 60. I heard that they rock for heavier music but can also cleans like in GNR are ok?
How are the LTD's overall quality?

So its a dilemma. Getting a shiny new and great guitar or less shiny, used and maybe awsome guitar.
The Epi doesn't have a chance, the EC-1000! As long as it's in good condition, of course.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Ok. So LTD is better.

I'll try to talk to the seller and get the LTD.
Quote by HomerSGR
The Epi doesn't have a chance, the EC-1000! As long as it's in good condition, of course.

touche
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
The EMGs in the LTD won't have good cleans
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
True, EMGs dont do cleans well, but they do a type of heavy tone you just cant get out of passives. (If thats your taste or not is up to you, personally I see their uses but prefer passives).
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by hell_monkey
The EMGs in the LTD won't have good cleans

The 60 is generally used as a clean pickup and does a fine job (think Metallica).
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
The 60 is generally used as a clean pickup and does a fine job (think Metallica).

its a very specific kind of sound. Youve got to want THAT sound.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
totally LTD man!Epiphone cant compete with LTD in terms of quality.

unless its the japanese Epiphone.
As an Epiphone Les Paul Custom owner I'll glady say that I wish I had bought the EC-500 (or even the 400VF) instead.
A bad thing happened. I found out that the seller lives 300km away from me. Also he said that there are some tiny holes in the paint. But the frets are ok, he said.

Maybe i'll still have to get an epiphone if i don't have the chance to get the ec-1000.
Quote by Hentsik
A bad thing happened. I found out that the seller lives 300km away from me. Also he said that there are some tiny holes in the paint. But the frets are ok, he said.

Maybe i'll still have to get an epiphone if i don't have the chance to get the ec-1000.

Then, I would still advice you to not get the Epiphone, as the Customs are overpriced, they're not better than a Standard. Look at the LTD EC-400 or 500, I don't know what these cost where you live, but here are they like a Epi Custom. I regret I didn't buy a Ltd instead of my Epi.

ily LTD
My Gear...
Guitars:
- Ibanez RG350EX
- Cort Acoustic
Amps:
- Randall RG75
Effects:
-Boss ME-50 Multi Effects

Quote by Ajax413
Pfft... I know a guy who didn't even masturbate until he was 18... now that's a late bloomer.
The LTD's are here like 100-200 euros more expensive. Maybe there are cheaper ones too.

But im still talking with the seller and trying to get it. I tried the custom and i think its great. Maybe the LTD is better, but i don't work so i don't get much money.
What about Hagströms Swede or Super Swede then? I think it would be better than a Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

(I'm a Epi owner that don't really like his guitar so much... well I did, but when I tried a Esp Eclipse for more than three times the money that changed. Now I have the opportunity and money to buy that, but I could also save and buy a Ltd or don't save and buy a Yamaha that's even more expensive than the Esp, oh, it's hard to have many choices...)

Well today i called to the seller and he said that he'll get me pictures tomorow or the day after tomorrow. And next weekend im going to drive 300km to try and if i like it then buy the guitar. Two questions. I have played guitar for 2 years now. I think i don't know enough what to look when buying an used guitar. So some advices?

And is EC-1000 the flagship of those kind of LTD's?
Last edited by Hentsik at Apr 5, 2008,
Quote by Hentsik
is EC-1000 the flagship of those kind of LTD's?

Yes.

ec
duh
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
i only read the first page but, make sure you try them both first as they have very diff necks
Yes i'm sure that i want to try the ec1000 before paying. I've already tried the custom. I'd say that it was fine. Nothing too weird. Just needs some time to get comfortable with.

When i called to the seller he said that he'll post pictures yesterday or today, but no pictures yet. Should i call him or wait more?
Ec-1000 by far! Better quality, better look(in my opinion, the sharp cutaway is more badass) thinner neck, better overall
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Definitly the LTD. The quality of LTD's are ****ing amazing. I've only had mine for a week but have checked everything out and theres not a flaw in it.
i have an epi lp custom and i love it it is a great guitar
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Well now the things have gone further. I got the pic's from the seller and I think that they look good. Especially for a 4 year old guitar.

This saturday, i think, im going to get that axe.
2 days left.

I saw at the pics that the gold hardware has worn of from the top of bridge and a little from the sides of the knobs.

Would it bother u? And is it possible to repaint them?
Tomorrow im going to try it.

Do you have any tips give me?????????
you are lucky becoz easily can get ec1000..my country, Malaysia doesnt bring them in..dunno why..
Well our local stores, i think, don't bring them in, too. The only chance of getting it new is an order from a web store.