Well, Ron Jarzombek is ownage on his own, in Spastic Ink, in Blotted Science, and in Watchtower. Also Bobby Jarzombek, his brother, is one of the better technical drummers today. Discuss.
Spastic Ink
So true. He is the only shredder out there IMO that is truly creative and not just boring mindless shred. I usually hate shredders, but I love Jarzombek. Blotted Science is total ownage, I mean come on, Charlie Zeleny and Alex Webster?! you can't beat that.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
never listened to his watchtower stuff, but if its anything like spastic ink or blotted science then i should love it. does he have solo albums too? i think i remember my friend mentioning them once...
Quote by lobster624
never listened to his watchtower stuff, but if its anything like spastic ink or blotted science then i should love it. does he have solo albums too? i think i remember my friend mentioning them once...

http://www.ronjarzombek.com/rjdiscs.html
Spastic Ink
I just got his Spastic Ink and Blotted Sci albums; he played with Marty on his Live in Japan DVD.

And his **** is awesome. Wild Hare and To Counter and Groove in Emin are my fave tracks off ink complete.
Lost interest.
Quote by omarrodrigez
Blotted Science is total ownage, I mean come on, Charlie Zeleny and Alex Webster?! you can't beat that.

Really Webster? I'm going to have to check it out then, I like Webster

Not to mention how everyone is describing Mr.Jarzombek I am very intrigued.
Blotted Science is another awesome project of win, as I'm finding out right now.

Awesome tech-prog-instrumetal.
Lost interest.
he owns. to me, it's sort of like a mix between John Petrucci and Muhammed Suicmez, but that's just me.
^What I was thinking. Blotted Science seems to have a bit of Necro influence though there isn't enough harmonic minor dickriding to justify that completely.
Lost interest.
Quote by ZylitoL
^What I was thinking. Blotted Science seems to have a bit of Necro influence though there isn't enough harmonic minor dickriding to justify that completely.

I figured spastic ink was out way before necrophagist?? [if that was your reference]
^I was talking about Blotted Science which came together in 2005, released an album in 2007. It's got more of the tech death thing going on.
Necro's been around since the 90s, and both albums were released prior to 2005 (Epitaph was released in 04).
Lost interest.
Ron's riffing is far too much for me. His writing completely dazzles me like that. He's the first writer I've found that uses the 12-tone system and makes it so it isn't 90% dissonance.

Jarzombek is awesome.
His brother, Bobby Jarzombek, is a great drummer love his work with HALFORD and SEBASTIAN BACH solo albums they own!
Gordian Knot is also ownage.

Everything this man does is made of awesome.
Lost interest.