Does this kind of thing just come to you? I have beats and I have lyrics, but I have no idea of how to get them flowing together.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
First play it as a melody with an intrument and then sing with it.
i usually hum everything to the riff and see where i can make changes n stuff
hope that made sense lol
i usually leave the beat to the drummer after i/we've found lyrics and music. try something that follows the beat except for a few variations like a double strum.
if you can find a nice chord progression that fits the beat and lyrics, strum it simply once for each beat or whatever timing you have and then complicate the strumming pattern. you can then use those chords for lead parts and solos in the same key.
i know sod all about music theory, but this is my two pence worth of logic and experience.
^ I'm making some electronic music, all on me lonesome, but thanks. Write lyrics and beat, make fit .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
with electronica, you can write keyboard riffs and fit the lyrics around them as well. electronic music for me doesn't have so many rules when composing.

also, i nice idea for electronic music is the main song and riffs on keyboard (maybe a guitar riff in it too) and with a powerchord backing on guitar.

good luck ^_^