I have a gibson flying V. It has a 496R and 500T pickups. I like the 496 in the neck but the 500T leaves some to be desired for me. Would an SH-4 or SH-6 mix well with the 496?

I play alot of thrash metal, death metal, Classical, Classic rock.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd be more inclined to go with an SH-5.

How did your amp situation go, btw?

Yeah the SH-6 has a lot of punch but i the pickup for the bridge right now gives A LOT of feedback even near middle of playing. So i was thinking, would it be better to have the SH-4, SH-5, or Sh-6 for heavy metal?
I mean the 500T is the sorta output i want. But i want it a lil less, and a little more duncan tone.
The JB and the 500T are actually pretty similar. The JB has more presence and is tighter sounding, but the 500T has more in the way of bass frequencies. In terms of voicing, the JB leans more towards the modern side, while the 500T leans a bit more to the vintage side.

If you're getting feedback while playing it can be many things. I find 500Ts have a habit of being microphonic to some degree.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm sorry, what do you mean by that exactly? "Duncan tone"?

I just really like the sound of duncan pickups. What would sound better in the V between a Duncan Sh-6, and an EMG HZ-4 or even a Dimarzio (idk which model)?
Quote by ravenrage07
I just really like the sound of duncan pickups. What would sound better in the V between a Duncan Sh-6, and an EMG HZ-4 or even a Dimarzio (idk which model)?

SH-6.

The EMG H4 isn't in the same league.

DiMarzio X2N is probably the other option.