i've got a Boss metal core, and was wondering if u can use an overdrive pedal with it :|
well..can you?
and if you can, anyone know what the tones ar like?

cheers
tones=the hairs on a 60 year-old man's ass.

it's bad enough to have that BOSS "metal core" pedal but to throw a tube overdriving pedal in front of that digital mess would be a catastrophe undeserving of this earth.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
OD works OK AT BEST w/ SS amps. and that's usually only on the clean channel, some say they can use it on their SS dirty channel but i dont know if i believe more than a couple of em'. on a tube amp's clean channel it's beautiful b/c it makes the tubes work harder and gives you instant tube CRUNCH. and in front of an already breaking up tube amp it makes it ROAR.

so i know what it is you're trying to go for, but it's not gonna happen w/ that set up sorry!! ur gonna need a tube amp if you wanna use an OD pedal and have it sound GOOD.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
sorry but it's only hybrid. i have the ad30vt. beautiful practice amp. really the one little preamp hardly does anything in that amp and it's pretty much a marketing scheme as you may have heard elsewhere.

secondly, it's a MODELLING amp, putting distortion pedal into it (even if you have it set on a clean model) will not sound as good as going straight into a clean PA or regular one/two channel SS amp.

thirdly, the amp itself is great for anything up to metal. and no i'm not talkin death metal i'm talkin like some metallica. it's not a super high gain amp that's what the cube is for. so if you try getting death or metalcore w/ the vox you're pretty much always gonna come up short. i would suggest just using the heaviest setting (nu metal? i think i remember that bein it for american style voicing) and playing on that. all these super hi gain dist. pedals and crap cover up so many playing mistakes and takes out articulation.

lastly, the sound you really want is something that either one of the tube randalls that are always bein recommended or used 5150 would handle a lot better. i say until you can save up around $500 to $700 USD, don't expect to get ur metalcore sound down pat. right now just ditch using that pedal w/ that amp and use the amp like it's supposed to be used.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
haha thanks for that, pretty ****ty, got the amp recently, and i probably wont be allowed to get another new one >.<

but honestly, the pedal does suit my playing, was just wondering if i can give it a bit more crunch
i feel ya, i really love those amps. i just think you would have been better getting a more simple amp w/ just one clean channel and maybe a second one for dirt. at least w/ that you wouldn't worry about wasting all the extra features cause there wouldn't really be any
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH