I currently have a Spider III 15 Watt Line 6 Amp. I'm wondering if i should stay with the Line 6's or switch to a different brand... What do you guys think would be the best choice? If you think the best choice is to switch, what brand of amp?

I also have an Ibanez...white color....no idea the model number, but it was about 200 dollars. I'm also looking to get a new guitar, is ibanez a good brand of guitars or a crappy one? If you think it's a crappy brand, what brand would you guys suggest? (Price range 200-800 dollars).
Last edited by ~Gu1t4r~N00b3h~ at Apr 3, 2008,
i think the better contributor is how much $$$$$$ you have to throw out
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
i just updated the post to keep it more on task of the forum... But the second guy, 200-800 for the guitar. 300-700 dollars for the amp. first guy, i play rock, hard rock, and metal. I have a metal zone petal, distortion pedal, eq pedal and super overdrive pedal all from boss. The bands that i most play like are metallica and avenged sevenfold. I'm in a band, and we play almost like both of them...We play loud and with a lot of distortion.
ESP, Schecter, or Ibanez for the guitar, amp I would say look into peavey's or Randall's

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
you should get a gibson, thats if you can afford to up your budget a lot...
marshall amp?

preferably valve but if not, a solid state will have to do...
id get a new amp first, even the best guitar can sound like crap with a bad amp. id get something besides a line 6 because i personally dont like them, but thats just an opinion. Also for guitars, id go with epiphone or LTD with that price range. I have a epi les paul with dimebucker and a roland cube 60 and sound pretty good for metal and rock. not a bad combo but not the best either. best advice is look online for something and when youve narrowed your search go to a store and play and see what you like.
this is a little more...but it's all tube...i've played on it a couple times and it sound really good...but i don't play much metal...so...you should go to a GC or SA and play some see what you like
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-Half-Stack-485058-i1174721.gc
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
Marshall for the amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Half-Stack-with-Digital-Effects?sku=482805

for the guitar, a nice Epi/gibson, schecter, or esp.
Ibanez S320 -$500
Peavey ValveKing 112- $400
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
id get a new amp first, even the best guitar can sound like crap with a bad amp. id get something besides a line 6 because i personally dont like them, but thats just an opinion. Also for guitars, id go with epiphone or LTD with that price range. I have a epi les paul with dimebucker and a roland cube 60 and sound pretty good for metal and rock. not a bad combo but not the best either. best advice is look online for something and when youve narrowed your search go to a store and play and see what you like.

i have the same line 6 amp and im getting a gibson sg standard, will it still sound liek crap on my amp?

and the peavey valveking is a really good amp id reccomend it
Quote by renzo23
i have the same line 6 amp and im getting a gibson sg standard, will it still sound liek crap on my amp?

and the peavey valveking is a really good amp id reccomend it

yes, it will still sound like crap
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
TS, try combining your budget together to get a really nice amp.
Then if there's any money left over go into a pickup change.