ok, most of you macho guys will probably deny every watching this show, but for those of you that do watch it...is it just me or did the show go to **** in the last series? I dunno what it is...the jokes, the acting or the plots, but it annoys the hell out of me. I just think it got childish, vulgar, stupid, even? Anyone else agree?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
It happens with most things.. its very hard to keep a show going as long as it did while keeping it so funny.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Ross is the best character on the show.

I hate how they made Joey legally retarded by the end of the show. I've noticed that the more successful the show, the stupider the stupid character gets.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well Ok. I still thought the last season was funny. It's better than the first season. That's a bit crap!
i think it has everything to do with the topic...
incubus rocks my world
Quote by ninewhilenine
Well, that has nothing to do with the topic, but sure...

It's on topic. The TS said the jokes got stupid and the show got stupid. The character of Joey getting stupid is part of this.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Ross is the best character on the show.

I hate how they made Joey legally retarded by the end of the show. I've noticed that the more successful the show, the stupider the stupid character gets.

the simpsons. poor homer he was a good character in the day.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Tom_hatton
Its always been shit.

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
i used to like the show, i thought it was pretty funny. then they all started dating each other/having kids/getting married and whatnot

then it turned into a comedy-soap....which was BAD. REALLY bad.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
i love friends, Ross is so funny. Chandler is my favourite though, and i have a friend who looks just like Rachael
Screw all of you Joey-haters, he is my hero, he learned the guitar on the 'old lady' way!

Quote by NutZz?
i used to like the show, i thought it was pretty funny. then they all started dating each other/having kids/getting married and whatnot

then it turned into a comedy-soap....which was BAD. REALLY bad.

Think you hit the nail on the head there, I wanted a explanation for the crapness, now I have it. Thank you
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
Ahh Friends, I love it!

And Ross is my favourite character, for sure.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

By the end it was absolutely abysmal, there was only one half funny character, that was Chandler, all the others were equally one dimensional, childish, unrealistic and pathetic. They were funny for the first two series, average up to the seventh, and crap towards the end.

They should have been cancelled by 2000 at the latest.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
By the end it was absolutely abysmal, there was only one half funny character, that was Chandler, all the others were equally one dimensional, childish, unrealistic and pathetic. They were funny for the first two series, average up to the seventh, and crap towards the end.

They should have been cancelled by 2000 at the latest.

I personally think Chandler was BY FAR the worst in the last two series!
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
as we grow older, every series gets "worse" i suppose, as we are more intelligent and mature, so we are able to distinguish between funny and un-funny.
eg.
when we were younger and watched friends, everyones fave characters were mainly Joey and Pheobe; because they were directly funny, with the occasional lack of common sense, social skills and childish behaviour. however as we age, i suppose these fave characters change to people like Chandler and Ross, as they are funny indirectly, if you know what i mean.
I've been watching the last series on E4 for the past few weeks as I missed it first time round, and it's as funny as ever.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by nightraven
with the claw and everything?

Correct!

The middle few series tend to be the best of any show. E.g. Friends and the simpsons. But I don't think it was shit, just not quite as good as the earlier ones.

The last episode was sad.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
The middle few series tend to be the best of any show. E.g. Friends and the simpsons. But I don't think it was shit, just not quite as good as the earlier ones.

The last episode was sad.

It might have been sad... but it had a Pearl Jam song, and Rachel got off the plane!!!
I think it's because they left it to the last 5-6 episodes to tie up any loose ends, so those episodes were, well, crap.

Also, the series really sucked after season 7 anyways. Kinda like the Simpsons actually
Quote by papersun87
I thought Chandler was the best character throughout the series (except when Matthew Perry was on drugs) . . . love his sarcasm.

When exactly was he at the height of his addiction, does anyone know? In those few episodes after him and Monica got engaged (season 7??) he was dreadful.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
they started to emphasize little attributes of the characters too much
e.g. joey' stupidity, ross' nerdiness, etc.
one thing i did like about the final season was that jennifer anniston seemed to gain back her hotness that she so greatly possessed in the first three seasons
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I never got into that programme. The jokes are very predictable most of the time and not even funny tbh.
Quote by ninewhilenine
When exactly was he at the height of his addiction, does anyone know? In those few episodes after him and Monica got engaged (season 7??) he was dreadful.

It was about that time, yeah . . . gained a ton of weight, started wearing glasses . . . I'm pretty sure it was season 7.
I've seen every episode of Friends. It was always mad funny, the acting was always good. Not quite a Seinfeld, but definitely a close second.

ps

Jennifer Aniston is mad sexy.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It might have been sad... but it had a Pearl Jam song, and Rachel got off the plane!!!

Monica! Monica! Monica! Monica!
Isn't it sweet?
It's PRECIOUS!
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.