Hi i have a Ibanez GRG170DX guitar and the said amp but the amp makes way too much feedback noise even if i touch the strings lightly there is a horrible sound coming out of the amp
please tell me how to fix this
Not many people like MG's or line 6's. But I like my line 6. Try getting a new amp cable or turning down the gain.
F*CK EMO

Quote by die4deathmetal
Not many people like MG's or line 6's. But I like my line 6. Try getting a new amp cable or turning down the gain.

There's a good reason for the MG hate, it's because they're terrible for the price.

There's no Line 6 hate. Only the Spiders, because they also fucking suck for the price. I can tell you haven't actually played any decent amps if you like your Spider, that's the sorry truth. However, the Flextones, Vettas, PODs and HD147s are seen as good pieces of gear.

TS, the MG is not an electric guitar. For future reference, put this in Guitar Gear and Accessories if it's an amp.

Finally, to answer the question: for any other amp, I'd say invest in a noise gate. However, the MG simply isn't worth it. Save up for something better.
Quote by Woodtuning
Marshall MG15DFX problem?? even if i touch the strings lightly there is a horrible sound coming out of the amp

Correct - the MG15DFX is in fact the problem.

Try a new lead for starters, but we'd need a better description of the noise you're hearing if anyone's going to help. What kind of feedback? Have you tried again using different guitars/leads/amps?
turn the distortion down... duh?
and turn away from the amp..
stand away from it
buy gold tipped leads... and you're good to go.
New amp would be the best solution.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by nightraven
move the amp further away from where you play guitar if there's too much feedback.

yes, much farther away...
1. Get a crane

2. Fill a skip with bricks

3. Lift skip with crane

4. Place amp below skip

5. Release Skip

Problem solved.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1