Page 1 of 10
I take back what I said in an earlier thread about the Daily Mail being good, just look at this here, it's no wonder people lose loads of weight to fit in when people say this
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
That's disgusting.

The paper, not the girl.

And what the **** made you think the Daily Mail was good?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Wow, I actually want to hit that very hard...
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Hahaha! Although I do not agree, I find that one of the most hillariously written news articles since the Pacman one in my local paper!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by FrenchyFungus
That's disgusting.

The paper, not the girl.

I agree... Its really disgusting.

Happy Birthday by the way.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
She's an ambassador for flab, not curves.

Anyone who thinks the Mail is good is a bigot or a close-minded idiot with poor standards of acceptable, objective journalism, by the way.
Regardless of size she's just not very good looking.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Call me an asshole, but I agree, obesity is becoming a large problem and the last thing we need is people advertising it. I'm no fan of anorexic models, but obesity is a far bigger problem in the western world nowadays. That said, I still think that they shouldn't have written the article with such a tone
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by Wheel

yeah so do i... With my F^UCKING FOOT !
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Quote by FrenchyFungus
That's disgusting.

The paper, not the girl.

What on Earth possessed you to pick up this paper?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by FrenchyFungus
That's disgusting.

The paper, not the girl.

It's funny to read, as long as you don't take it seriously. And read the one on Tuesday, with it's "you're all going to die" section. It's the funniest thing you can buy for under 50p.
I just like the nice twisting of fact that gets in there. Like saying the 'optimum' BMI is 20, when BMI actually has an optimum range of 20-25. So she's not hugely overweight. Also good, is that they actually come out and say that BMI is indicative of body fat levels, which it's not. It only tells you about mass/(height(in metres) squared). Body fat doesn't come into that calculation.
But, in conclusion, fun for the informed reader. Not good for the dummies.
In my view, Chloe is a terrible role model.

I hope she doesn't win the Miss England title.

It would send an appalling - and very dangerous - message to other young women that it's OK to be fat.

Never mind the hundreds of models that send out the dangerous message to young women that you have to be thin?

She talks about the "skinny minnies" she'll be competing against. "All I wanted to do by entering this pageant was to send a message out to young girls that it is fine NOT to be a size zero."

Well, she's talking total rubbish.

So, by this logic, the writer thinks it isn't fine NOT to be size zero.

What a load of BS
No, being fat is NOT alright.

Neither is being stupidly thin.

People should stop being such pussies about these issues; who cares about hurt feelings when people's health is at stake?

Anyway, she is slightly too fat to be hot. My ex-GF had the shapely curve down great, but this one is simply fat.
Last edited by Vermintide at Apr 3, 2008,
She is in no way dangerously overweight.

That's ****ing disgusting, and I hope you all join me in complaining to the Daily Mail... maybe to a rival paper so we can get these assholes some bad press. Or get that moronic writer fired.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Vermintide

People should stop being such pussies about these issues; who cares about hurt feelings when people's health is at stake?

Correct.

Quote by Rankles

That's ****ing disgusting, and I hope you all join me in complaining to the Daily Mail... maybe to a rival paper so we can get these assholes some bad press. Or get that moronic writer fired.

Also correct. I'm overweight, but it's not posing a huge threat to my health. It's perhaps a stone, maybe a bit more. It's not like I'm double the weight I should be when you take my age and height into consideration, and the same thing applies to her. She is less at risk than someone who is a 'size 0'.
Quote by Wheel

Quote by teh_Beatles
I'd hit her.

i wouldnt hit that with either one of your dickks
incubus rocks my world
Quote by cam_sampbell
I take back what I said in an earlier thread about the Daily Mail being good, just look at this here, it's no wonder people lose loads of weight to fit in when people say this

At least shes better than last years miss England, she was an Afgan refugee.
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Quote by M0ly
Call me an asshole, but I agree, obesity is becoming a large problem and the last thing we need is people advertising it. I'm no fan of anorexic models, but obesity is a far bigger problem in the western world nowadays. That said, I still think that they shouldn't have written the article with such a tone

I agree that she's less of an 'ambassador for curves' than 'ambassador for flab' and I agree the Daily Mail does have a point, fat is not good and in a nation that is seriously catching up on the US in terms of obesity it's not a good image to be flouting; although yes the Daily Mail is a piece of fear mongering crap

But, I don't think people should be up in anger over the derision of someone who is clearly overweight and unhealthy, but rather the paper itself
Quote by Schneiderman
Regardless of size she's just not very good looking.

Quote by Rankles
...complaining to the Daily Mail... maybe to a rival paper so we can get these assholes some bad press. Or get that moronic writer fired.

Quote by Vermintide

+1 to all those points
That writers seriously out of line! How that article got printed and passed all the editers I will never know... then again it was the daily mail...
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
when most of a teenage girls' role models these days are people like paris hilton, victoria beckham, lindsay lohan, keira knightley and nicole ritchie, it really can't hurt to have one or two who are size 16 as well.

but anyway, what a ridiculous article. that woman is a disgrace to journalism.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by M0ly

As much as I agree with this, I not only have a sister, but I have many friends who are girls, and from what I have not only heard but observed, women often have extremely low self esteem because of the way the media advertises that being thin is the only way to look pretty. This of course, is not true. My best friend is a girl and, while she if over weight, she is simply gorgeous. Allowing an overweight girl to become an icon of femininity lets women see that being super skinny is not the only way to look attractive. Although I don't find this particular girl to be attractive, I respect her for what she represents, and I respect those who helped her become a new icon.
Quote by Rankles

Yeah, I will.

It's things like that that make young impressionable girls starve themselves until they have to be force-fed through a drip to their stomachs. Oh how healthy

Ok, I just read the rest of the article. WTF.

That girl is really pretty! she deserves to be there. And what is THIS:

"All I wanted to do by entering this pageant was to send a message out to young girls that it is fine NOT to be a size zero."

Well, she's talking total rubbish.

It's not ok to be more than a size 0?

Thanks for telling me, daily mail! And to think, I thought my anorexic days were behind me, gosh those silly doctors really did have me fooled when they told me I was dangerously underweight at a size 6!

Retards.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, I will.

It's things like that that make young impressionable girls starve themselves until they have to be force-fed through a drip to their stomachs. Oh how healthy

But just how many do that? Personally, I know I see many more fat, sweaty whales struggling to get up the stairs than I do frail skeletons keeling over.

I think we all know which presents the greater problem; just the size 0 thing is over-sensationalised and skewed.
Quote by divid3d

but anyway, what a ridiculous article. that woman is a disgrace to journalism.

+1

At least she isn't in danger of imploding
Quote by MastaBassist10
As much as I agree with this, I not only have a sister, but I have many friends who are girls, and from what I have not only heard but observed, women often have extremely low self esteem because of the way the media advertises that being thin is the only way to look pretty. This of course, is not true. My best friend is a girl and, while she if over weight, she is simply gorgeous. Allowing an overweight girl to become an icon of femininity lets women see that being super skinny is not the only way to look attractive. Although I don't find this particular girl to be attractive, I respect her for what she represents, and I respect those who helped her become a new icon.

I've got nothing against this girl or the fact that she joined a miss election. The problem is that it's one of the first signs that obesity is becoming accepted, it's much like aids. Back in the 80's people were ashamed of having aids, nowadays there is a gay community (not saying all gays are like this) in which many pride themselves for having aids so they can have all the unprotected sex they want. I just hope that won't happen with obesity. (Severe) obesity is still a disease and shouldn't be encouraged
Quote by big duck
You are so going to hell, but that is hilarious.

Quote by esther_mouse

Quote by K_McGill
Idiot
Quote by teh_Beatles
I'd hit her.

+1

I'd hit that.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by M0ly

+ 1000000000000000

Seriously, although the article is poorly written, I very much hold the same opinion as the journalist who wrote it.
They discussed* this on Loose Women this afternoon.

Shouting at the television ensued.

*pretended to have intelligent beliefs about the subject

EDIT1: Her weight needn't be described as 'obese'. She's the national average, and good on her.

EDIT2: Okay, question here, I know I don't have a problem with the way her body looks, but are guys actually liking what they see? I mean nobody here is repulsed are they?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

EDIT: Her weight needn't be described as 'obese'. She's the national average, and good on her.

Her BMI is inside the national average, which is 18-26 (she is 26)

Saying the average is 20 is stupid. That's like saying the average size is size 6 (US size 2)

People like this encourage eating disorders, grr.
tbh i don't see anything wrong with her, and really, she probably couldn't loose much weight anyways
if you look at the size of her hips and shoulders, if she lost anything more then simply a little weigh, she would look aweful. some people are just built to be a bit bigger then what society has deemed 'normal' these days

she's still rather hot, and i doubt very much that her being the size she is brings any heath worries what so ever
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Saying the average is 20 is stupid. That's like saying the average size is size 6 (US size 2)

People like this encourage eating disorders, grr.

Exactly. She's just on the border. I mean my BMI's only a bit smaller than hers, and I know I'm perfectly healthy.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Pft, for the first time in years the Daily Mail has a vaguely sensible article and everyone complains.

The girl is fat. Get over it.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah. Given that half the population is overweight, that's not necessarily a sign of good health.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
The only problem I have about her is that I think she's lying. I'd call her a size 18.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

EDIT2: Okay, question here, I know I don't have a problem with the way her body looks, but are guys actually liking what they see? I mean nobody here is repulsed are they?

It's a bit too much for me, but she's not far off
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

EDIT1: Her weight needn't be described as 'obese'. She's the national average, and good on her.

I'm not. And I feel that any man looking only for someone who fits all the modern supermodel criteria is, to be honest, quite stupid. Beauty comes in many forms, to dismiss all but the sort of look that a number of celebrities (who we all know of) have is ridiculous. I know a number of people who are rather pretty but, because they aren't skinny (they're not fat, but they aren't just skin and bone), orange or dressed in less than a couple of inches of fabric, people find them unattractive. Ridiculous, eh?