i wanna get a good jazz guitar and my price range is about 1400 can anyone give me some really good jazz guitars that i can get for that much? please i dont no what to get i was thinking a nice gibson but all their guitars are in the 3000 range PLEASE HELP!?!
try looking at some of those hollowbody gibsons(forgot the name) they are really good for blues and things of that sort
Quote by ironman1478
try looking at some of those hollowbody gibsons(forgot the name) they are really good for blues and things of that sort

ES-335?

The Fender Start isn't a bad blues guitar. It's good enough for SRV and Clapton.

A Les Paul is pretty good for blues.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Last edited by Zero_Mike at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by Zero_Mike
ES-335?

The Fender Start isn't a bad blues guitar. It's good enough for SRV and Clapton.

A Les Paul is pretty good for blues.

dude he said JAZZ
Quote by just17n8
dude he said JAZZ

OK fine, I'm a dumbass.

What I've said still works.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Get a hollowbody. And yeah epiphone makes some good ones, usually cheaper than a Gibson
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Quote by just17n8
Gretsch anyone?

I concur.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Try the Ibanez Artcore Series. Joe Pass used one and so does George Benson. Also, the Epiphone Emperor Regent is a great Jazz Guitar. You could also try a Gretch Electromatic.
yes but i mean a good high end jazz guitar that doesnt go past the price of 1400-1500
Really any guitar is a "jazz" guitar. I saw a jazz guitarist fingerpicking with a squier deluxe strat.
I don't even shred
Gibson L5. Wes Montgomery anyone?

Nvm just saw price range. I guess a Gretch would be your best bet for Wes Montgomery-ish jazz. For other, less soft kinds (like fusion or something) you'd best go for a solid body.
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
Last edited by m30wc0w at Apr 3, 2008,
I'm going to second the Fender Jazzmaster, a friend of mine has one and I love it so much.
Quote by eaton1012
a "jazz" guitar?
isn't jazz a playing style?

...and guitars are made for specific styles, no?
Look at them higher end Ibanez artcores, really cool stuff.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!

Maybe this here Hagstrom? Looks nice, if nothing else.

Otherwise, well, Hagstrom's a good brand to check out. And aside from that, the Epis, the Gretschs, the Ibanezes, the Gibsons, all that.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Look out for any decent Elitist Epi hollowbodies/LPs, and/or Gretsches and Hagstroms, if you can find any!