Hello.

I've been playing classical guitar for about a year seriously, and electric for about 4 years. I'm fluent in reading music, but need to get my classical technique up. I especially have trouble with right hand fingering, when doing scale-like fast passages. I only alternate between my index and middle finger, and sometimes my ring finger. What is the correct technique for doing scales, and fast passages (16th note, 32nd note, ect) on a classical guitar, which fingers should I use, in which order? perhaps point me towards a site or something, if I dont improve on this I'll probably end up taking some lessons at my conservatory, but at $55 an hour, I'd really rather not. Thanks.

Bonus question: What's the difference between a classical guitar and a flamenco guitar?
As far as I am aware it is find to use just your index and middle finger...That is about all I ever see and all I use for the scales and all....but then again I am a novice classical guitarist, I may be wrong.

As far as I know a classical and Flamenco guitar are the same.
it depends on how many notes you're playing on a string and how often you go from one string to the next, and if you want to go really fast I recommend you use your ring finger too since it'll put less strain on your others to keep up with the speed and allows you to do faster combinations, and when you change strings I recommend you start them with either your index or your ring, but using just your index and middle is fine if you can do it fast enough

also, a flamenco and a classical are basically the same, except that flamenco guitars sometimes have wooden tuning pegs since they allow for faster musical attacks and a pick guard-esque plates on both sides of the strings to protect from the wear and tear by the percussion-like hits on the body of the guitar (golpes) used in flamenco
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
flamenco guitars are also thinner (and harder to make i think). They have a more trebly piercing tone, whereas classical guitars often sound quite mellow.

For scales, it would be good to practice them alternating between: I M, M A, and I M A.
When you get really fast, you should be able to play most things. For passages that are almost scales, i find it easier just to use I and M, but if you find yourself going across several strings quicky, you may find it better to use I M and A.
Exactly, depending on the situation you'll be using a different fingering. The rule of thumb is that if you come across a scale you'd play it IM, but at times there maybe a scale ended on the high E string, with the next note on the G string. IT might be more convenient to re-finger the scale so that you land on the E string with a and then play the G string with i.

I dunno if you're understanding what I mean. Depending on the context you use different combinations.
Do you not have a teacher?

Trying to learn classical technique without one is a bad plan (you'll have to relearn all the stuff you're doing wrong)
Quote by Nick_
Do you not have a teacher?

Trying to learn classical technique without one is a bad plan (you'll have to relearn all the stuff you're doing wrong)

As I said, the teacher in my area is $55 an hour. I'm most likely gonna end up taking some lessons anyways, but I want a head start, and they are pricey as hell. And the only thing I'm concerned about is right hand technique.