Page 1 of 2
okay.
so i'd like to hear some of your best concert stories.

mine is when we [me and my friends] went to taste of chaos this year.
we went to the AP Booth to "Meet Atreyu."
so we go up their, get autographs and the usual.
so we go back down to the floor.
and i wanted to go back up.
my friends were like, "no cmon, lets stay here we'll lose our spot."
so me and this one kid,
we go upstairs right at Atreyu is leaving, and we chase them down the hall.
the guys with them, like, the roadies or whatevz, are like "hey go away!"
lol,
so then the guys from the band are like "heyy whats up?"
and stuff and we were just like standing there talking to them,
idk if they didnt want to go on stage? but i have no idea.
so we go back,
and this kid i was with Atreyu is his favorite band.
and now-
he hates me.

lol.
what's your favorite concert story?
Never been to one.

That sounds awesome though.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Seeing Dweezil Zappa and the ZPZ tour. Period.

And getting one of Steve Vai's picks.
When I saw High on Fire and Pelican in Bristol I bumped into Pelican wandering around town and chatted to them, then after the gig Matt Pike from High on Fire came into the crowd and shook my hand and a few others, then smoking outside he invited us out with the band that night.

It was awesome.
Quote by foob85
Seeing Dweezil Zappa and the ZPZ tour. Period.

And getting one of Steve Vai's picks.

ahh, i wish i had one.
=/
I once played count the mullet at a Thin Lizzy concert, There was a whole family of them!
SWFC
ha, yeah,.
the bands are actually usually pretty chill when you get to meet them.

...except yngwie.
this guy i know is a huge fan, and met him.
supposeedofly, he's an ass.
-_-
What about the guy who got drunk before, got thrown out, and then stole some scalpers tickets and got in to see Maiden? That was neat.

I'd say being backstage at Ozzfest 2006. That was nice.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Seeing the pumpkins final metro show before they broke up.

i'll never forget that night.
I don't know if this is true, but apparently, this girl's dad jumped on the stage at a Dead Kennedys show and got punched in the face by Jello Biafra.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
i went to ozzfest in columbus last year and when hatebreed was playing there were four chicks on top f peoples shoulder showing their tits and then jamey jasta had them crowd surf together and they had a 4 topless chick makeout session. it was awesome.

Also i went to the waverly hills SOTU show, it was awesome. me and my brother burnt a joint while shadows fall was coming on like 10 feet from them and brain fair points at us and gives us a thumbs up lol. when we were burning that we also met up with one of our friends that we didnt know was there.

ive had a ****load of good times at concerts. cant wait until the 19th for gigantour.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by TooFast
What about the guy who got drunk before, got thrown out, and then stole some scalpers tickets and got in to see Maiden? That was neat.

I'd say being backstage at Ozzfest 2006. That was nice.

you chill with anyone specific?
i met Nick Hipa after an As I Lay Dying show. we talked for a few minutes. i asked him to sign my ipod and he was stoked about it cause he didnt think anyone would want him to sign an ipod. anywho, hes my favorite guitarist. and hes like the nicest dude ive ever met.

i caught a guitar pick at a Norma Jean show once. that was awesome cause like 15 other people were trying to get it.

i got a drum stick at a Devil Wears Prada show. i didnt get it from the drummer though. Jeremy DePoyster(guitar, vocals) just handed it to me right before they played.

and i also got Chris Dudley(keys for Underoath) to sign my ipod. so i have two autographs on my ipod.

i caught a towel at a Maylene and the Sons of Disaster show. Dallas Taylor(vocals, formerly of Undeoath) threw it out to the crowd. i got him to sign it after the show.

and im in one of The Chariot's myspace pictures from a show about a year ago at the New Orleans House of Blues.

i think thats about it for now...
Last edited by !normajean! at Apr 3, 2008,
met hayley williams before their show
then made out with a girl between bands
a good night
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by iburnmyfrendz66
...except yngwie.
this guy i know is a huge fan, and met him.
supposeedofly, he's an ass.

i know a guy who ran sound for him and said that he is a stubborn asshole
Quote by MH400
I got Synyster Gates Whammy bar

/thread

Nah, getting punched in the face by Jello Biafra beats that.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by acdcfan1556
i know a guy who ran sound for him and said that he is a stubborn asshole

yeahh.
he's real stuck up.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Nah, getting punched in the face by Jello Biafra beats that.

Not in my eyes.

Syn = my favourite guitarist ever + my idol

I nearly jizzed when I caught it

Everyone has their own opinions though
RIP Tom Searle.
my friend got dosed with LSD without realizing it by a friend, he then proceeded to see tool. his description of the light show is rather interesting....
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Tim from Rise Against pointed to me and said "Wassup?" when I was crowd surfing towards him.
This sig is
I got to hang out with the guys from The Devil Wears Prada after they played SOTU. Nicest guys I've ever met.
Quote by EZLN libertad
my friend got dosed with LSD without realizing it by a friend, he then proceeded to see tool. his description of the light show is rather interesting....

I've done that as well.

Crazy night.

I also had some great times running sound for norma jean and underoath before they got big...

Last edited by ANTHRAX† at Apr 3, 2008,
I was at a Catch 22 show (probably the millionth time I'd seen 'em) and there were no bouncers, so I jumped on stage to do a stage dive at the beginning of my favorite song (Keasbey Nights) and instead of jumping off, the singer grabbed me and pulled me back and gave me the microphone and I sang the whole song. It was the most amazing thing ever. It's cool too because I'm friends with them now, and my band might open for them in a few weeks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
after a dragonforce gig...met sam tottman he was just standing next to the bus with a drink in his hand n talked for AGES!! and thn he got his balls out infront of everyone and, like he gave his hat for someone to look at but thn wanted it back to cover his boldness
aparently his favourite metal band of all time is Slayer is what he said, fun guy, quite drunk, might have a problem
I've got some great concert stories

First, I went to see Dweezil Zappa on the Zappa Plays Zappa tour in Asheville last year, and I ended up getting his autograph. I handed him a shirt and a ticket to sign, and I was dumbfounded that I was meeting Dweezil Zappa. I couldn't think of anything better to say, so I ended up telling him "I'm honored to be in the presence of someone who used to live in Frank Zappa's nuts!". He laughed his ass off and I rode the whole way back home with a huge smile on my face.

Two stories from Warped Tour '07 in Charlotte, both involving underoath. These are things that my friends did, not me, but I wish I'd have thought of them. A friend of mine made a sign that said "NOFX: Keeping God Out of Warped Tour!" and got it signed by the singer for Pennywise. He moshed his way to the front of the stage at Underoath and held up the sign for the singer. He read it and then gave a speech about how God brightens up their days and fills them with light or something. At that moment, it started raining

The second one from warped tour was when that same guy who had the sign ended up seeing someone from Underoath (I don't remember who) talking to some random guy. My friend went up to the random guy that the Underoath dude was talking to, and asked him for his autograph, and walked off without saying a word to the Underoath guy.

My last one is when I saw Rise Against, and I was in the very front right up against the stage barrier thing. Tim then jumped off of the stage and got on the barrier to sing the chorus to "Give It All", and I was the one who pulled him up and was holding him up. He was right in front of me while he was singing, and his crotch was right in my face. I was in heaven, haha.

And props to the guy who got Syn's whammy bar. That's awesome.
my fav...hmm...my favourite moment of any show I went to was just seeing slash at Velvet revolver...but as for meeting people, at the Motley Crue/Aerosmith tour, my friends dad was a security manager where we saw the show, and we didnt get tickets in time, so my friends dad called us told us they got tickets...turns out after explaining, Crue's tour manager gave my friends dad front row tickets for us. That same night, as aerosmith was playing, tommy lee was standing right in front of us and we shook hands with him and so forth...I dont really like him but it was kinda cool
Quote by GreekRockr9

And props to the guy who got Syn's whammy bar. That's awesome.

Cheers man. It's now on my LTD

He didn't go offstage once during the gig, so he only used 1 guitar all night

I got THE whammy

Seriously, Syn is my god (In a non gay way)
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by !normajean!

i caught a towel at a Maylene and the Sons of Disaster show. Dallas Taylor(vocals, formerly of Undeoath) threw it out to the crowd. i got him to sign it after the show.

haha he signed my toothbrush at warped tour
YEAH DUDE
Quote by GreekRockr9
He moshed his way to the front of the stage at Underoath and held up the sign for the singer. He read it and then gave a speech about how God brightens up their days and fills them with light or something. At that moment, it started raining

The second one from warped tour was when that same guy who had the sign ended up seeing someone from Underoath (I don't remember who) talking to some random guy. My friend went up to the random guy that the Underoath dude was talking to, and asked him for his autograph, and walked off without saying a word to the Underoath guy.

wow, he sure showed them.

hating people just cause they have a religion is pretty low.
Quote by !normajean!
wow, he sure showed them.

hating people just cause they have a religion is pretty low.

I personally hate Underoath for the music, but I found what that guy did very amusing.
i've had some cool concert stories
1. was a few days ago, when i saw time again. they did an acoustic show and about 10 people showed up. so after that they had some time to kill before the show later that night. so the lead singer went to dick's and came back with a little 90cc mini bike. we all started riding it around the parking lot. the singer would later ride it to the venue which was a few miles on a very busy street.
2. was warped tour '05 when i got to meet tim armstrong and travis barker (both in transplants at the time). about 6 months later i was flippin through the tv and saw the "meet the barkers show" and they were showing video from warped tour and little did i know they recorded him giving me and my friend getting autographs.
i've got other stories but these are the best
About 12 years ago(or whenever they toured for Ixnay), I went to see the Offspring. While crowdsurfing, I (accidentally)kicked my sister in the head.
Also, somedrunk bint bit me.
Page 1 of 2