I just had one delivered to my house right now as a birthday present from my aunt (I'm at school right now, looked at tracking information) and i was just wondering what everyone thought about this pedal. I've played it before and I liked it, and ive heard that its a tweaker pedal, so i was also wondering if anyone had any good settings for the Rat. Ittl be running with a Gibson LP Studio through the clean channel of a solid state combo amplifier. I've been running my Shotrod fuzz through it and getting some REALLY good tones out of it, so i have high hopes for the Rat. Opinions and settings welcome. Thanks very much.

PS. Just wondering, what should the signal chain be? usually im running Les Paul> Wah>Buffer>fuzz>amp. Where should the Rat go? Also I may be borrowing my other guitarist's phaser, a vintage MXR 100. Where would that fall in the chain? Thanks again.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Last edited by HyperBoy2519 at Apr 3, 2008,
I don't know much about the rat, but i can answer your other question:

I'd probably put the Rat in before the fuzz. Then if you borrow the phaser (i'm guessing you meant MXR?) i'd recommend putting it after the fuzz. That's where i would put it anyway..

as a general rule the order that i'd put different FX is:

Compressors, Gates and EQ
Expression pedals and auto filters (Vol/Wah)
Overdrive
Distortion
Fuzz
Octave FX
Modulation (Chorus, flange, phaser etc)
Ambient FX (Such as delay and reverb)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
um, i have a rat which i almost never use alone, usualy into an overdriven amp to go to eleven (think jack white death letter live esque tones). i turn the distortion and volume all the way up, and the filter a bit less then a quarter the way up. sounds great for that kind of stuff, id also imagine its fantastic for smooth distortion.