I recently bought a new amp (Fender Hot rod deluxe ) and i love it..it sounds awsome, but (although I don't really play metal or really heavy stuff) I've been thinking of maybe buying a distortion pedal to play a few heaver songs every once in a while..

Now, I talked to a friend about it and he thinks the amp might not be able to handle it (he thinks it will overheat or something)..so..is this true? does the amp suffer any kind of damage if I use a distortion pedal or too many pedals? will the tubes get worn out faster or something?

thanks in advance
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

You can't blow up a tube amp by plugging pedals into it, unless you've got 3 octavers in a row and then some sort of thermonuclear boosting device all running into an oscillating delay pedal or some crazy thing like that.
yeah, i thought so...I just wanted to check..didn't want to break the amp, i've only had it for like a week..thanks a million
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

If you're playing metal, I recommend a Metal Muff.

I have one through a clean fender amp and it's amazing.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
thanks dudetheman..I've heard a lot of good stuff about it, but i've never really tried it out..now i'm intrigued
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness

I just got a Metal Muff today... I have a Fender Hotrod Deluxe...

I can't get it to sound that good. It's very treble and ear-splitting.

I adjusted some of the EQs and stuff but still...