Page 1 of 2
I live in New York City, Manhattan to be specific and I was just wondering how I would become an actor? How would I start and would I have had to be already taking acting classes my whole life? Also, How would I get on Nickelodeon shows or disney shows? Would those be good ways to start off? Thanks for all of your help.

I was in acting classes outside of my school when i was ages 6 to 11 but i got bored and moved onto wrestling. But im just starting to get into it again now. A lot of people have been saying that i have that look that people look for when they want new actors. My moms boss, my dentist(lol), girls at my old school, friends who are guys (except they make fun of me more for being a pretty boy. And even some random people in the street who already thought i was a model. But I just dont know how to get back into it again at age 18....

Is this you?

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

It would have helped to have had acting classes your whole life, but it doesn't mean you can't still go to acting classes.

Sometimes I guess for auditions they'd overlook experience if you were naturally good, but I'd recommend trying out for any plays and stuff local to you, or ask the drama department at your school/college.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
You have to be good looking, I guess. Everything else comes secondary.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I'm also trying to make a decision about whether or not I want to pursue a career in acting. I've been performing all my life, and am wondering whether or not to take it on as a serious profession.

From your question, you don't really say if you have any previous experience with acting...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
I guess you've never seen Chris Farley ?

Not sure- but most actors/actresses are really just eye candy. I mean seriously, would Johnny Depp be famous if he didn't look like Johnny Depp?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad
Not sure- but most actors/actresses are really just eye candy. I mean seriously, would Johnny Depp be famous if he didn't look like Johnny Depp?

He doesn't look like Johnny Depp in any of his parts though.
Quote by Hobolad

Looks aside he's a great actor. But he probably wouldnt be as famous at least. TS if you think you're just gonna act on TV and movies, good luck, but every actor needs stage experience.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by Hobolad

Johnny depp is rugged. He's not good looking like some women would say brad pitt or jesse mccartney are. If there was a guy who didnt look like johnny depp but had his skills in acting, id say he would be famous.
Life is a film, you the film maker
Quote by Hobolad

That's just film actors, with stage actors theres a lot more room to be ugly.

as for getting into the biz, at first set up a portfolio and go to some open auditions at small places, then once you have a decent portfolio going look for an agent. oh and DO NOT join the AEA until you have an agent and some good stuff going.

oh and unless you are really good looking and talented you are going to need stage experience before even thinking of TV.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I was in acting classes outside of my school when i was ages 6 to 11 but i got bored and moved onto wrestling. But im just starting to get into it again now. A lot of people have been saying that i have that look that people look for when they want new actors. My moms boss, my dentist(lol), girls at my old school, friends who are guys (except they make fun of me more for being a pretty boy. And even some random people in the street who already thought i was a model. But I just dont know how to get back into it again at age 18....
im a child actor (im 16 btw) i basically went to a drama academy for a few years and used their agency, also im doing acting at my local college now, next step is either uni or drama school, btw u need to be very lucky to make it in the industry
Quote by kwidjibo1
btw u need to be very lucky to make it in the industry

how about just very talented?

:|
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~

Like I said open auditions at small theaters to start, then work your way up, in your age group you won't be getting on TV without real stage experience.

Last.fm
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~

Just get some classes, go to LA and audition.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I mean there are some weird looking actors out there.

The kid who plays josh on drake and josh(josh Peck)
Chris farley
jim carrey
adam sandler
shia labeoff
tim allen
Quote by MH400
how about just very talented?

:|

well u do need to be talented of course but its a big contest between all the most talented ppl, even they must be lucky
i keep forgetting how much work it could be. I totally forgot about hiring an agent and all of that stuff. Plus, dont auditions cost money?
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
i keep forgetting how much work it could be. I totally forgot about hiring an agent and all of that stuff. Plus, dont auditions cost money?

You shouldn't have to pay to audition (that's a scam) but you do have to make copies of your portfolio, which can get pricey with the pictures and all that.

Last.fm
You go to auditions.
You join drama class and act in small plays
You have sex with the recruiters.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~
I mean there are some weird looking actors out there.

The kid who plays josh on drake and josh(josh Peck)
Chris farley
jim carrey
adam sandler
shia labeoff
tim allen

They're not weird looking.
They're just not particularly good-looking for hollywood standards.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Did you know that his favourite band is Cannibal Corpse?

what the hell? seriously? i pictured him as more of a Foo Fighters guy
You don't need only talent but a lot of confidence and high self-esteem. Even if you have a lot of talent, without high self-esteem half the talent is useless.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by TheHereAway

From Wikipedia :

Carrey is a big fan of the death metal band Cannibal Corpse,[18] who made a cameo appearance in Ace Ventura.
Quote by TheHereAway

It's true.
He "Insisted that his favorite band, Cannibal Corpse, play in the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)."
Source
Practice the black art of fellatio on phallic fruits and vegatables. Then apply skills to people who can get on something.

THIS WORKS! Just look at the amount of talentess asses on T.V. and the silver screen.
E preciso amar as pessoas como se nao houvesse amanha- Renato Russo
I jsut really feel like Im made for that kind of thing. Being an actor.
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~

go for it man, just remember that unless you have connections or are really lucky, you're gonna have to start small.

Last.fm
Quote by ~DeadPoetsNow~

Before I read being an actor, I thought you meant fellatio.
E preciso amar as pessoas como se nao houvesse amanha- Renato Russo
Page 1 of 2