How much should I expect to pay to have these pickups installed in a '79 Dean Z (right now the Dean has passives)?

Also, how hard would it be to do myself?
it depends wether you'd have to do any routing to get the 9 volt in the body cavity, which is unlikely.

if you follow the diagrams it's pretty easy, soldering's piss. pickups have quik connect.

i managed to do it, and i've practically got downs.
i dunno about how much it would be to install cost wise but doing it yourself is very easy if you know how to solder....which isn't that hard to do anyways the wiring diagrams that come with the pickup are very explicit and easy to follow
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Yea I'm not too worried about the soldering, I know I could probably do that, but the 89 is a single coil/humbucker design that has that push/pull thing.

It'll come with directions/diagrams right?
yea, i think it should have diagrams. otherwise, the web should have plenty of help.
Soldering iron = (+/-) $10.00
electronics solder = (+/-) $1.00

its easier to do it yourself than to take your guitar down to the shop and leaving it there for how ever many days/weeks and paying $50+

it really is stupidly simple. there are instructional videos everywhere regarding proper soldering techniques for guitar electronics. please diy.
Quote by sethp
Soldering iron = (+/-) $10.00
electronics solder = (+/-) $1.00

its easier to do it yourself than to take your guitar down to the shop and leaving it there for how ever many days/weeks and paying $50+

it really is stupidly simple. there are instructional videos everywhere regarding proper soldering techniques for guitar electronics. please diy.

Ok, I went to teh Home Depot and picked up a soldering iron; but they had two different types of electrical solder. One type had lead in it, the other didn't.

Does it matter which type?
You want lead based electronic solder. The other kind is just save the environment, blah blah stuff. The lead will never produce tin whiskers.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.