Hey I love the whole doom/classic metal **** and ive been told that sunn amps are good for achieving this style of guitar tone. Ive noticed you can find some sunn amps on ebay but which models are the "heaviest" and which models should i stay away from?

Aslo could I get this tone with one of the models from Orange?
Sunn were bought by Fender and the name was reduced to just being used on Squier stuff before the brand was killed off.

The sound of Sunn amps on stoner/doom records is only achievable at high volumes. Are you playing bass or guitar? You may want to look into the Fender Bassman Pro head - it's basically the old Sunn 200. But be aware you'll have to be in a band with a very high stage volume.
The model T was one of the more classic Sunn heads for doom/stoner metal, but any of the high wattage tube ones should do. Like what was said the previous post, I'd only buy one if you're gigging at medium to large venues. They are really loud and stay clean, which is half of the appeal for the bands that use them.
could you not just use an attenuator ?
Quote by dfc_jebus
there were pigeons having a huge orgy on the floor at lunch one time.

Quote by hippieboy444
get picture of her, jack-off, & wipe the cum on it.

Quote by kh203man
could you not just use an attenuator ?

Yea, but you're probably better off buying the right amp in the first place.
Generally, an Attenuator isnt used to make a Loud amp quiet. It's more used to get a better or more "pushed" sound from the amp at stage volumes. Say you like the sound of your amp at 7, but the Venue you want to play can't stand much more than 5. You'd use an Attenuator generally to crank out those tones than to get a 120W amp to sound good at Bedroom levels.
Hendrix used these right? after Marshall and before he died.

like Sound City amps but higher gain - very, very, very loud
Quote by jammin
The model T was one of the more classic Sunn heads for doom/stoner metal, but any of the high wattage tube ones should do. Like what was said the previous post, I'd only buy one if you're gigging at medium to large venues. They are really loud and stay clean, which is half of the appeal for the bands that use them.

so in order to get the fuzz you here in most doom bands they need to be cranked way up? i play guitar by the way