So there's a big mass of plastic bottles and other plastic products that get pushed into a certain spot in the Pacific Ocean by currents. This plastic has amassed here over time and is supposedly twice the size of the continental U.S. Just a question....WTF is wrong with people? How can we keep doing stuff like this to our planet?
Twice the size of the continental US? I didn't know we've even made that much plastic.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
it has to go somewhere..
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Pic or it Didn't happen.
Im super cereal here guys.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
1)collect bottles
2)put into bags
3)?????
4)profit!
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by homstar670
Pic or it Didn't happen.
Im super cereal here guys.

OMG if its gotten that big...

The portal will be opened, and Manbearpig will be unleashed.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader

And we don't want that to happen!
Pics?

edit: it's twice the size of texas http://www.physorg.com/news112248742.html

edit:The fact that I can't find pics anywhere make me think this is some propaganda bull**** to try to get us to recycle.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Last edited by Chikitty_China at Apr 3, 2008,
Also, the argument into plastic carrier bags. You see them all blow into trees, and it's endangering wildlife, etc.
Woa, so is it like at the bottom of the ocean? cause at first i thought it was just floatin up on top of the water. So I thought, whats the big problem then, why don't we take it over and use it almost as land.

A) 1990 Running shoes spill
B) 2002 Garbage strip
C) 2000 Plastic bag spill
D) Shoes found
E) Eastern Garbage Patch
At the eye of the gyre, plastic reaches concentrations of a million pieces per square mile. Researchers have mapped a giant spill of bags and a mile-long strip of wind-driven garbage.
F)Caught in a gyre
Some of the plastic drifting in the North Pacific is swept to shore, like the thousands of Nike shoes that washed up in the Pacific Northwest. But much is trapped by calm winds and sluggish water within the North Pacific's loop of currents.

Seriously, how does something like this even happen? I'd clean it up if I had the funds.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Last edited by SRX700 at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by Chikitty_China
Pics?

edit: it's twice the size of texas http://www.physorg.com/news112248742.html

edit:The fact that I can't find pics anywhere make me think this is some propaganda bull**** to try to get us to recycle.

the size is varied i've heard both....and even if it is propaganda bull**** (which i doubt it is) what's wrong with recycling? it protects the enviroment and even saves money. such as saving bottles and using them instead of buying bottled water.
Quote by SRX700

Seriously, how does something like this even happen? I'd clean it up if I had the funds.

They can't clean every bit of it up without harming the ocean wildlife around it.
Quote by FireandFlames
They can't clean every bit of it up without harming the ocean wildlife around it.

It might be better in the long run though.
Quote by jimmyslashpage
the size is varied i've heard both....and even if it is propaganda bull**** (which i doubt it is) what's wrong with recycling? it protects the enviroment and even saves money. such as saving bottles and using them instead of buying bottled water.

I never said recycling is wrong. I just think this story is fake. There are absolutely no aerial photos of a giant trash island. I googled quite a bit.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by jimmyslashpage

There was an argument against recycling in my science text book saying it was too expensive to recycle.

Quote by FireandFlames

I know, but they can at least try can't they?
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I wonder if you can see it on Google Earth?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by SRX700

I know, but they can at least try can't they?

Quote by homstar670
It might be better in the long run though.
Yeah it would, and they could, but there's always the controversial debate of whether to clean up the ocean and kill tons of animals, or leave it be and let the animals live even though they're eating some of the plastics.
The Independent was butthurting over this weeks ago. Read some newspapers every once in a while.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by The Leader

No, no, no... it's more like a bearmanpig.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There was an argument against recycling in my science text book saying it was too expensive to recycle.

How is that hmm?
Quote by dudetheman
I wonder if you can see it on Google Earth?

Recycling: Kinda expensive
Cleaning up this thing: Hella Expensive
Being able to see a huge Garbage Island in the Pacific on Google Earth: Priceless
Quote by homstar670
Recycling: Kinda expensive
Cleaning up this thing: Hella Expensive
Being able to see a huge Garbage Island in the Pacific on Google Earth: Priceless

+1, I'd make it my desktop background!

It would be cool if they could push it into the shape of something.

Maybe people could live on it!

Genius?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
+1, I'd make it my desktop background!

It would be cool if they could push it into the shape of something.

Maybe people could live on it!

Genius?

Use the environment to its fullest? Madman! This could possibly be the coolest place to live ever!
Quote by homstar670
Use the environment to its fullest? Madman! This could possibly be the coolest place to live ever!

I know! We could call it....

Plasticania!

And claim it for UG!

Not to mention it would be floating freely, so we could change our borders at any time...

When we attack someone, we wouldn't mobilize our troops.....we would mobilize the country!

We would be undefeatable!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
I know! We could call it....

Plasticania!

And claim it for UG!

Not to mention it would be floating freely, so we could change our borders at any time...

When we attack someone, we wouldn't mobilize our troops.....we would mobilize the country!

We would be undefeatable!

Eco Freaks watch out! We're after you!