Poll: How long to you practice?
Poll Options
View poll results: How long to you practice?
<1 hour
20 16%
1-2 hours
66 53%
3-4
29 23%
5-6
4 3%
7+
6 5%
Voters: 125.
about an hour or two. but my practice is just trying to find new weird noises haha.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Well maybe not practicing the whole 7-8 hours that I usually do, but I'm at least noodling around randomly.
Every day for an hour to two hours, on my off days from work up to six hours.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
I just play when I want to play which is all the time. I don't even know how much time I practice I play a lot though. Maybe 2 hours minimum.
Like 2-3 hours but not in one shot. I will pick it up for a half hour to an hour a few times day.
The people who picked 7+ obviously lied, unless they teach guitar all day, have no job, or are dropouts...
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Well, in holidays mostly more than 2h per day. I'd say like 3-4h. On weekends mostly the same.

But the rest of the week less than 2h, blame the school .
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Quote by DSchmitty
The people who picked 7+ obviously lied, unless they teach guitar all day, have no job, or are dropouts...

thats like half the people here.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by DSchmitty

acually if the played from the time the got home from school untill they fell asleep they could do it...though they would develop carpel tunnel and their hands would fall off...then the yedi would smell the freshly fallen hand and come up to him and eat him...then call for back up from big foot and they would eat him together. then gandalf would come and slay them both. after gandalf does his victory dance, herman li battles gandalf and defeats him. then the russians launch a nuclear bomb into space and blow up the moon...then the moon would hit earth, causing it to spin out of control untill it hit the sun. then the world would be no more. so yeah...i dont think they play 7 hours a day...or the world would have hit the sun by now.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I play 3-4 a day, basically from 5 to 8 or 9 depending on the situation (nothing to do for the day, if I wanna be on UG, or if Imma out wiff da woman)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by SideshowRaven24
about an hour or two. but my practice is just trying to find new weird noises haha.

future tom morello right hur man.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by bi-ah!
acually if the played from the time the got home from school untill they fell asleep they could do it...though they would develop carpel tunnel and their hands would fall off...then the yedi would smell the freshly fallen hand and come up to him and eat him...then call for back up from big foot and they would eat him together. then gandalf would come and slay them both. after gandalf does his victory dance, herman li battles gandalf and defeats him. then the russians launch a nuclear bomb into space and blow up the moon...then the moon would hit earth, causing it to spin out of control untill it hit the sun. then the world would be no more. so yeah...i dont think they play 7 hours a day...or the world would have hit the sun by now.

What the hell have you been smoking?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
3-4 probably.

my practice time usually revolves around my roomates...if theyre home and want to go out and do something, I get in only ~1 hr. if no one comes home for 7hrs ill play for 7 lol.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Totally depends. When I've got a free day, 6+ hours. When I've got a semi busy day, 2-3 hours. When I'm up to my neck with work, maybe an hour of acoustic to chill with.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by DSchmitty

I have no job and i'm in high school.

Sounds like more like jealousy? don't you think?
1-2 hours, 1 hour playing all kind of exercises and the other hour just having fun playing songs or jamming.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I struggle to find much more than one hour at any given time, if I'm lucky.

I'd say I average about 20 minutes every two or three days. Poor, I know. Sadly as work takes up more time, guitar must take a back-seat...
i cant go a day without playing. its kill.

so probably around 1-2hrs a on school days and more on weekends. usually like half playing songs and half coming up with my own stuff. idc i dont have a schedule. as long as i play until im satisfied for the day.
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal