Hey,
I'm going to be attending the chicago blues fest this summer, and I am debating whether or not to get my Alvarez acoustic's top signed by some of the artists there.
Anyways, my question is, how well would a sharpie write on a gloss finished acoustic top? I will get another coat of clearcoat/gloss over it once I get back home, but will the sharpie mark stay there long enough for me to clear coat it?
Also, where is the best place for an autograph on an acoustic? I was thinking of getting it/them near the cutaway (I don't ever get near the cutaway when I play acoustic). Do I just need to avoid getting the part where I rest my arm autographed, or are there other places I should avoid getting signed?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but this is kind of like gear customizing.

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
my uncle got his signed on the back of his headstock by leo kottke and it looks great
It's my first acoustic, and i'd probably only play it on rare occasions. Alright, I probably won't clearcoat it.
Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
my mate had the back of his headstock on his ibanez signed by steve vai, and he played it, then i played it and i swear my playings got better.

sorry that was pointless but it had to be said, the moral of the story is...
it works on ibanez necks
and...
sharpies never fail lol they can write on anything.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I've seen some people just put a clear sticker over the signature. It'll work fine, so long as you don't put it near where you strum, as your pick may scrape up the sticker.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club