well im returning to standard tuning from my successful period of time in drop d but my bridge on my js1000 wont got to parallel again. the tension is way too low in the back but ive screwed the claw screws in a hell of a lot and the bridge is still incredibly high. what the foo should i do?
hmm thats odd is doesnt take much at all to change out of drop d about half a rotation for me seriously small. what strings you using - what gauge?
Add more springs?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by .:eranu:.
hmm thats odd is doesnt take much at all to change out of drop d about half a rotation for me seriously small. what strings you using - what gauge?

im using d'adario xl 9-42's
try changing your strings. sometimes the tension gets really wonky in the strings themselves. same thing happened to a friend of mine.
hmm well yeh i cant see why that would be then that should be easy, just try a bit more slowly sometimes it can just sorta jump back into place otherwise take it to get checked out.
Quote by Roybordom
try changing your strings. sometimes the tension gets really wonky in the strings themselves. same thing happened to a friend of mine.
they were new the day before yesterday
I think for having a guitar nice as a JS1000 you should know how to fix it...

anyway

Take off the locking nut clamps and down tune your guitar enough so the bridge is closer to parallel

then loosen the screws holding the springs in the body just enough, that when you tune you guitar now the bridge is parallel

its all trial and error really, finding the right amount of screwing and down tuning
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
No, icy hot.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
I think for having a guitar nice as a JS1000 you should know how to fix it...

anyway

Take off the locking nut clamps and down tune your guitar enough so the bridge is closer to parallel

then loosen the screws holding the springs in the body just enough, that when you tune you guitar now the bridge is parallel

its all trial and error really, finding the right amount of screwing and down tuning

this is word for word of what ive been doing. ive done this before and its never happened and its always been a smooth parallel bridge.
yeh try some vaseline serious miracle worker=P

mine was a bit sticky when i got it then used some vaseline and now is just spiffing it may be that you bridge is a bit sticky btw the physics are a bit weird on a floyd so you may need to over compensate on balancing then work backward cos there is a delicate balance point tis annoy but just takes a bit of practice to know where it is
im getting there so we can calm down (when i say we i mean me) i put some lube on the springs and its getting to parallel nicely so thanks for the Vaseline tip amigo
Quote by .:eranu:.
yeh thats what i meant (rolls eyes)

Im bare adding you. you saved me like £40 from the luthier down the street. thanks man.
lol yay now we can be lube buddies =D (i am joking please do not take me up on that!!!!)