i was thinking about getting a morley power wah. anyone else have any they would recommend? cheaper cash wise would be better.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
link for what
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Morley-Power-Wah-Pedal?sku=150787

That would be the Morley Power Wah TS is talking about. Problem IS, that's a guitar wah. Don't think it would be ideal for bass. If you're looking Morley then you're looking at this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Morley-PBA2-Dual-Bass-Wah-Pedal?sku=150750

I'm not recommending using the Morley or not using it, I'm just saying that using guitar wahs for a bass is usually very ineffectual. Just can't cup those frequencies.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
yea ino that a guitar wah isnt ideal but i like cliff burtons tone... but thats my fall back if anyone doesn't have any recommendations
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
An Epi Thunderbird through a Big Muff and a Morley Power Wah... *sigh*

I have the 105Q and it's a strong pedal that has many, many different sounds. The sound it makes may not be your cup of tea, but if Cliff tone's what you're after, I cannot possibly imagine that being a problem.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Personally, I think it's rediculous how Bass wahs cost, like, twice as much as ordinary ones. I mean, appart from a few capacitors and resistors, I bet they don't really differ to any great extent.

The 105Q alone has a low-pass filter. That, coupled with a volume and Q control... and that's just the 105Q that isn't that much more than a crappy GCB-95.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I've got a morley dual bass wah which isn't a bad pedal, quite a bit cheaper than the ones that were linked to aswell.

I don't think it's got all the fancey **** the others have got, but the funk button on it is awesome
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by thefitz
The 105Q alone has a low-pass filter.

Doesn't the Morley DBW have a low pass filter? I haven't tried the 105Q, but I'd like to. I liked the sound of the Morley but there were too many things wrong with it for me to buy it.
I think it does, that's what reviews seem to be saying anyway.

The biggest problem I find with the Morley is you've got to mess about with the level quite a bit or it gets stupidly loud when your foot is all the way down
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I didn't like quite a few things about the Morley DBW - it wanted a really hot input which is fine but not ideal when I've got a mix of active and passive basses. The switch was a real pain - it was quite audible when it went to bypass but it was difficult not to inadvertently switch it off when using the effect. The funk mode isn't voiced that different to the normal mode - it just seemed more prominent in the same way the effect was more prominent with an active bass with a bit of treble boost.

I did like it for chords played past the 12th fret though, and it sounded pretty good for slap too.
Last edited by smb at Apr 4, 2008,
The bootsy wah is funkalicious.

I tried the Morley Power Wah (unsure what model but it was the one with the "funk" switch) and Im planning on getting one. Nice large pedal, room to make some adjustments, and just a pleasant sound.

I was sort of after that cliff tone too, just with more bottom end. If you feed it a signal from a BASS distortion, that helps immensely.
I have the Morley Dual Bass Wah. It's a little annoying that it shuts off automatically when it rocks all the way back, which was discouraging at first, but I've adjusted to it and the pedal sounds quite good. I think any wah takes some getting the hang of, so it's not too bad. The funk wah setting is good for slap. I use it with my passive Geddy Lee jazz, and I find that it sounds ok with the level knob at full. I haven't had problems with giving it a passive input.

So overall, I like the pedal, but I haven't tried others, so I can't tell you whether it's good compared to anything else.
I use a crybaby dunlop wah
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
thanks alot guys.
EQUIPMENT:
Fender rumble 15
Vibe V-40b
Russian Big Muff
Well, I have the Rocktron Tri-Wah. Which has three modes: Classic, Normal, and Bass
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Tri-Wah-Selectable-Mode-Wah-Pedal-?sku=150145
I Payed 60 for it at my local music store, and it is pretty good (though I don't use it much).

The upside is that your guitarist friend can use it too.
██████████████████████████████
My Ibanez Weeping Demon does bass and guitar and go from switchless to switch activated....It's not my ideal tone but it definitely works....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
My Ibanez Weeping Demon does bass and guitar and go from switchless to switch activated....It's not my ideal tone but it definitely works....

I have a weeping demon and I personally like it.
It doesnt cut the low end out either which is awesome