I'm saving for a Ceriatone 18w Plexi copy. So...Would it be cheaper to buy a kit and assemble it on, my own, or is assembly hard? How much would a decent cabinet cost me, if I got the head? It says that it doesn't come with speaker, how much would those cost me probably? For a fully functional amp, how much am I looking at(in $)? Would it be cheaper to just get a Marshall JCM 800 Combo off of ebay, and replace the tubes? And how much are new tubes(EL84's I have in mind, but I haven't done my research on tubes)? I might edit in a few more questions as I think of them, but please take the time to answer, and thanks.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Well as for assembling yourself, how skilled are you at building? It's not extremely hard, but extremely easy. Some parts are hard (heaters) some are easy.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I don't know why anybody would pay more for a clone when they can get the real thing for cheaper. I'm not necessarily talking about you. I'm jst saying in general. Same thing goes for reissues.
Quote by Gutch220
I don't know why anybody would pay more for a clone when they can get the real thing for cheaper. I'm not necessarily talking about you. I'm jst saying in general. Same thing goes for reissues.

idk about that. ceriatone can make a better marshall reissue than marshall can imo. its all point to point hand wired and the parts are more accurate to what marshall originally used.
Quote by maiden_mexico
the parts are more accurate to what marshall originally used.

I'm talking about the real amp. Why pay $2000+ for a reissue JCM800 when you can get an original/real JCM800 for $1000?
Also, a clone is a clone is a clone. There's no way a clone can be "more original" than the original amp. That's impossible
Quote by Gutch220

You do have a point there. BUT, when speaking about Plexi clones it's a different story. The originals costs SOOOO much more than a "clone" and the reissues today are IMO quite bad, especially compared with the clones. Oh and with 18watters, the originals are close to impossible to find and the reissue is WAAAAAAY too expensive.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009