I heard that a couple guitarists like Jimmy Page and Zakk Wylde, top wrap on their les pauls, and i thought it seemed like a cool concept. What exactly is top wrapping supposed to do? And how can you do it?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
String your guitar backwards, then over the top of the stop tail piece. Then over the bridge like usual.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
you should lower your stop bar as well
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Wait, what? Can someone re-explain? Or use pics?

Wait, what? Can someone re-post? Or use search?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Are you supposed to lower your stop tail so its directly touching the body of your guitar?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
When you top-wrap, its best that you do tighten the stopbar all the way to the body.
You then run the strings down, away from the bridge, through the bar, and then wrap them up over the top of the bar and then across the bridge, down the board, over the nut, into the tuners.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I thought that was the normal way of restringing...I always did it like that on my old LP jr.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I've done it on my SG, and it works very well.

And acdcrocks, it's not a wraparound because you still have the tune-o-matic, and the tailpiece is basically in direct contact with the body.
why does it increase sustain?
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Hmm, can someone please explain what this does. Cause I'm so confused, but interested in tryin.
It gives the string slightly more "floppiness".

This illustrates the reason why you bring the tailpiece all the way down- if it was much higher, the breaking angle would be too shallow and you'd push the string out of the groove when bending.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I thought that was the normal way of restringing...I always did it like that on my old LP jr.
That's because Jrs are equiped with a one-piece wraparound bridge, that has to be top-wrapped, to go over the intonation bars. So for a Junior, that's nothing special. The guitar wouldn't even work if you did it the 'regular' way.