So, is anchoring while finger-picking also considered bad technique (like tremolo picking and anchoring it.)?

Whenever I try to do anything finger-picked I have to anchor (as in,
I have to lay one of my fingers [usually pinky] on the pickup "container" thing, no idea the term). Just a simple yes or no question, if yes, give me some finger picked songs or exercises to prevent this.

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i rest my pinky finder on something, sometimes the high E string if i'm not using it to keep it muted. A simple lick that i practice with is a 'Dust in the Wind' - by Kansas kind of thing with C chord variations by plucking the strings (slow then faster until my hand gives out) going 5,2,4,3...5,2,4,3...5,2,4,3

edit: strings 2 and 3 are with thumb. 3rd fret i think on B (5th) string to start the progression, then C, then open on 5th string (B) and back again.

;
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 3, 2008,
Okay, anyone else?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I float my hand. I find that I have a little less stability, but I'm more relaxed (I also haven't practiced it in a while). I can also get better tone, because my hand isn't limited to picking in one place on the string.
Probably not as bad as when playing with a pick because you aren't moving your wrist that much.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz