When i first saw this movie, i was stunned. The train of thought was so abstract and different from the story and original movie, and personally i though it was brilliant. The amazing soundtrack didn't hurt much either. What are your thoughts on this movie?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
The new one or the old one?

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Like most movies based off of Shakespere, it stayed true to the original book. One of my favorite books too, so while the modern perspective was a little different, it really worked out well.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
the DiCaprio one? The cinematography was great and it was very well made and acted, but the premise was really, really lame.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
by original, i meant the first movie, the one that mirrored the play. i am aware it's a play.
Quote by kiss zombies
The new one or the old one?

There's a lot more than two adaptations. I assume you're talking about the Baz Luhrmann one, which I thought it was quite poor. The Zeffirelli one, however, was stunning.
the one with the title Romeo + Juliet, with Leonardo DiCaprio
Quote by National_Anthem
There's a lot more than two adaptations. I assume you're talking about the Baz Luhrmann one, which I thought it was quite poor. The Zeffirelli one, however, was stunning.

The "What is a Youth" song was so awesome I actually wrote a guitar arrangement. I love the Zefirelli movie. The acting is incredibly corny, but it works so well.
I like Luhmann's postmodern take on a classical work. Some parts of it were silly, but Shakespeare wrote silly stuff that townspeople of his time would relate with, so it fits. It's actually one of the only DiCaprio movies I like
I thought it was just as dumb as the version of Hamlet with Ethan Hawke.

God I hate Ethan Hawke.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Just Andrew
Like most movies based off of Shakespere, it stayed true to the original book. One of my favorite books too, so while the modern perspective was a little different, it really worked out well.

it's not a book, it's a play

I like the modern one, it just seems less slushy, and chick-flicky, it's like an action film
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

It doesn't help that Romeo and Juliet is my least favorite play by shakespeare. Hamlet and Titus Andronicus are amazing.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I love how well the song Talk Show Host worked into the atmosphere of the movie, it was a great accent
Quote by TOcheesehead

this one

I laughed my ass off at this movie. Especially after Juliet woke up to find Romeo dead,I was nearly in tears laughing. "waaaaaaaaah!" ololololol
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I'd totally tap Juliet, if I remember that movie correctly.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories