Alright, So I'm a fairly new player (6-months).

I need a new amp...my lunchbox Squier SP-10 (like, 10 watts maybe?) doesn't cut it anymore, its killing me! I need your help, friends, to maybe give me some ideas to look at.

I'm looking for an amp above 20 watts that has versatility, seeing as how I like to play all sorts. Metal and Hard rock I like (Good ol Metallica/Disturbed), so I need gain, but I also need to be able to even the gain out in a way that will allow me to play my slightly distortion-attributed classic rock (Clapton and the boys etc.).

There is another trait I am very intent upon. I want to have pre-configured presets available to me. Also, it sounds unlikely, but I heard that it is possible to save presets you create on your amp? If thats possible, I would like that.

The catch is, all this for something around $200. I wont spend more than 250 nor less than 150. I want a good quality amp that will satisfy me for a few years, at least.
most good amps don't have presents. you sound like you might be happy with a line 6 spider but I can't recommend that amp b/c I hate it.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
The only amps that I know of that has preset saving are the Line 6 Vetta and Flextone. Needless to say, they're a bit out of your price range. For metal and hard rock, a Roland Cube might be what you're looking for. It has presets (which are geared more towards the heavier styles of music than Vox), and it has a decent enough tone that you won't be disappointed for good while. Then you can get a real amp lol.
^ but the vox does classic rocks and cleans better than the cube/ while still getting a decent metal sound
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
How much do I get paid?

But since I am not getting paid, the AD30VT would be a good choice. I play my AD50VT still when I don't feel like going to the garage to play my boogie.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Vox AD15VT, or a Roland Cube.

That'll be $500
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by ChopSuey19
The catch is, all this for something around $200. I wont spend more than 250 nor less than 150. I want a good quality amp that will satisfy me for a few years, at least.

Ain't gonna happen. You've only been playing a few months and need a new amp now. You think a $200 amp will satisfy you for the next few years as you get better on guitar, and your knowledge about -and ear for- tone improves?

Nope, sorry.

Best you'll do in your price range is probably the Roland Cube 30.

Quote by ChopSuey19
There is another trait I am very intent upon. I want to have pre-configured presets available to me. Also, it sounds unlikely, but I heard that it is possible to save presets you create on your amp? If thats possible, I would like that.

Sounds like you've heard about the Spider III. Not enough, apparently, if you still want one. Stick with the Cube, and learn to adjust your settings a little bit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Blackheart?

He won't get metal without a pedal. But yeah, If that's all I could spend I'd get the Vj combo for $150 and $100 worth of pedals or a cheap multi. Wouldn't be loud, but better tone then most SS in that price range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD