well my birthday is in 19 days and my dad wants me compile a list, and for my list i found random things that would mean nothing after a few days (i.e. cloths) then i was looking through a guitar center catalog and found this, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Explorer-Electric-Guitar-101475226-i1149292.gc , the only problem is i have gotten a guitar from either parent for two years and the guitar i have is really nice but he did not buy it for me although i do not know if my dad would buy me a new guitar but asking may help
Explorers are the ****. Go for it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Have you played it?

Will your parents pay over $1000?

If yes, and you really like the guitar then yea.

But if your parents won't pay that much then find out whats the most they will pay and take a trip down to your local Guitar Center/Sam Ash/or whatever. and find a guitar thats within that price range and get it.
A list?!

In my family, I got one thing for my birthday, and it couldn't cost more than £50 =/

A freaking LIST?!

Er...yeah. Milk your dad for all he's worth...

EDIT: $1200 guitar?!
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by TehPwn3r
Have you played it?

Will your parents pay over $1000?

If yes, and you really like the guitar then yea.

But if your parents won't pay that much then find out whats the most they will pay and take a trip down to your local Guitar Center/Sam Ash/or whatever. and find a guitar thats within that price range and get it.

have i played it?no but i may ask if we can go to guitar center to check out some stuff

will my parents pay? i don't know
do i really like it? fo sho!
i know it sounds silly but if YOU save up for it and YOU pay for it in full that guiltar will mean double to you
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
If there's nothing you particularly want, tell them to hang on to the money until you need a deposit for rent or something

Trust me, you'll be glad you did.
Quote by thejester
i know it sounds silly but if YOU save up for it and YOU pay for it in full that guiltar will mean double to you

+1...
Quote by jeremessmore
you know this sounds so logical and yet i have no source of income and i do all the chores and other shit my dad asks (everyday)

well fair enough. i wasnt trying to antagonize you, just trying to pass on what i have encountered in my life
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Quote by jeremessmore
you know this sounds so logical and yet i have no source of income and i do all the chores and other shit my dad asks (everyday)

so do I and I rarely ask for much but If u can go for it
What do you have right now?

edit : your profile says Gibson Sg and Fender Tele, so i suggest you get a new amp isntead of another $1,000 guitar.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
dude

solid black explorers kick ass

If I ever get rich and famous, I will have 100 of them and name each and every one

Oh, and if you're sure he'll pay for it, just tell him you just want the guitar and not any of the other stuff that doesn't matter
Quote by jeremessmore

look dude stop wining about chores and get a job.
Quote by CroneR
What do you have right now?

edit : your profile says Gibson Sg and Fender Tele, so i suggest you get a new amp isntead of another $1,000 guitar.

well the thing is i just got a brand new amp for christmas

Quote by sneyob
Oh, and if you're sure he'll pay for it, just tell him you just want the guitar and not any of the other stuff that doesn't matter

thing is i don't know if he'll pay for it, it is more likely if i don't ask for the other stuff which i wouldn't do

Quote by ibanez69
so do I and I rarely ask for much but If u can go for it

yeah i never ask for anything either so i don't know
Quote by gallagher2006
A list?!

In my family, I got one thing for my birthday, and it couldn't cost more than £50 =/

A freaking LIST?!

You're doing better than me, man.

My family forgot about my birthday this year.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
if you're comfortable asking your parents for that much, go for it.

i think i'm just weird. i hate asking my parents for anything.
Quote by jeremessmore
as do i and that is why i came to the pit to see if i should ask for it

i would say maybe sit down and talk w/ them about it instead of just putting it on a list. could maybe help a bit. good luck though

Get it from Musician's Friend, theirs are $1049.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by gallagher2006
A list?!

A freaking LIST?!

Same. I'm poor.
I'm no fan of the Explorer. The necks are not fast at all, the bridge is much further to the left than on other guitars (it seems like nothing, but it takes getting used to) and the tone is lacking (especially considering the price). They do look damn snazzy, though. I suggest a Les Paul or and SG. Maybe a Firebird. I don't remember how much those are.
Quote by mrwaffles
I'm no fan of the Explorer. The necks are not fast at all, the bridge is much further to the left than on other guitars (it seems like nothing, but it takes getting used to) and the tone is lacking (especially considering the price). They do look damn snazzy, though. I suggest a Les Paul or and SG. Maybe a Firebird. I don't remember how much those are.

lol i own an sg, don't like les pauls and firebirds are only a little more i think
Quote by thejester

yeah, thats what i did with my iPod and my Xbox 360 and i love them! but yeah it looks ****, but it's up to you.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

if you've got nice guitars and a good amp, i would put the money on some quality effects stompboxes.
Quote by jeremessmore
yeah i'm going to check those out at guitar center tomorrow

I think you should save the money IMO, i think you're wanting it for the sake of it. You could get alot more considering the price, if you wanna burn a hole in your parents pockest you better be damn sure its a good hole
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.