I don't know but i was comparing my Crate Palomino v16 to my Peavey Classic 50 212/BT and i seem to get a better tone with my Palomino. Better cleans, Better classic rock tones, and Better metal tone when paired up with my GT-8? Isn't Peavey's classic superior than Crate's palomino? Anyone else notice this, i am using a shecter blackjack with stock american seymour duncans 59 neck, JB bridge, and with the palomino the pickups are noticeably different when switch from the 5 position. I can actually tell the difference and they sound a lot better in the palomino. I tried using the front input and effects loop of the Peavey classic and its still the same not as good as the front input of the v16 (i wonder if the v32 which has an effects loop will sound better in with my GT-8). Anyone notice this too? Is it me or what? Is it my GT-8 also? Yes, the gain in the C50 is significantly better without the GT-8 but with my GT-8 the palomino gains match up the C50 + more, I actually get better metal tone with palomino than C50. Again is it me or what

EDIT:
I humble retract what i say! Why, in further experimentation... I notice that both amp have their strength one isn't better than the other. I notice that the Classic is better for metal IMO, and Better at HardRock. The Palomino is better at cleans IMO, and Better at Classic Rock IMO, also for squealing ("Always with me, always with me" by Satch, type of squalling it actually sound identical even without all the engineering). The Palomino take in your pickups better than the classic you can actually tell the difference, significantly. So my first impression was wrong, both have their pros and cons

P.S. The GT-8 sounded way better in front of the Classic than in the Effects Loop, it comes alive in the front -didn't notice it because i didn't crank it before in front
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Apr 4, 2008,
^Nice, did you compare the V16 to the V32?

Note: I am really considering selling my C50 seriously this time because i just don't use it and the tone i get from the Palomino is just too good to be true I can actually crank it without getting that ringing sensation
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I haven't compared them side by side but I was under the impression that the V16 sounded better. Maybe its because it is just a little easier to crank, I don't know.

If I were you I would just save up some cash and keep the C50 for now. Then down the road add the money you have to what you can sell the C50 for and get a really top notch amp and still have a kickass practice amp.
the old american made palominos were good... the new ones not so much ...

the peavey classic 30's i have squared them up against seem to beat the new ones everytime...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I can see how you'd like the Palomino better with your rig. The JB especially is better suited to the palomino and the slightly fuzzy OD it has. You're also getting more power tube breakup with a single speaker 15w amp than with a 2-speaker 50W one, which is of course a good thing.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I haven't compared them side by side but I was under the impression that the V16 sounded better. Maybe its because it is just a little easier to crank, I don't know.

If I were you I would just save up some cash and keep the C50 for now. Then down the road add the money you have to what you can sell the C50 for and get a really top notch amp and still have a kickass practice amp.

hmm, good idea. I don't really need to save up for i got money to spend. But just don't want to spend

But yeah, maybe just keep it for now, and maybe i can trade it for a mesa or engl which both have good cleans and metal tone by its own -if someone is willing enough or dumb enough-
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Retube the classic with some good tubes. They really shine after that.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
^hmm what kind of tubes? Will it make that much of a difference, how about the palomino being tube... i bet it will shine more (not sure though )
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^need any rebiasing?
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I humble retract what i say! Why, in further experimentation... I notice that both amp have their strength one isn't better than the other. I notice that the Classic is better for metal IMO, and Better at HardRock. The Palomino is better at cleans IMO, and Better at Classic Rock IMO, also for squealing ("Always with me, always with me" by Satch, type of squalling it actually sound identical even without all the engineering). The Palomino take in your pickups better than the classic you can actually tell the difference, significantly. So my first impression was wrong, both have their pros and cons

P.S. The GT-8 sounded way better in front of the Classic than in the Effects Loop, it comes alive in the front -didn't notice it because i didn't crank it before in front
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Yeah the palomino's are super sensitive to pickup changes and dynamics. Also the reason you like it better could be because it breaks up earlier than the c50 as said above. But yeah each amp do their own little things better than each other.
might not be better.. might just be more your style
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Because I needed a practice amp. And 30 watts is to much for a practice amp IMO, also i only planed to spend about $200 bucks for the amp and i got it for that with tax
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I remember trying a V32 once and I liked it's cleans better than my classic 50's cleans. However in the end of the day when the Classic 50 is sold for $400 I had to take advantage of the price and buy it.

I plan to keep the Classic for a long time and use it as a workhorse sort of amp. Then when i'm good and can play professionally I want an 18 watt Plexi.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Apr 4, 2008,
^haha true, i got it for that price too + a cable including tax
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^Cool

I remember guitar center was clearing out the Classic 50's so I thought why not. Though it would be nice to get a Valve Junior or the 1 watt Blackheart soon, this amp really can't shine too well in a bedroom for practice.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

^Tell me about it.

Thus the V16

Also the me and my parents are like about the loudness

I don't really like the VJ, i would rather get the Blackheart, also look into V16 or V8 (though its 10" speaker, if you like those)
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^ Yeah i'd still get a small 5 watt Palomino, that would be perfect for indoor practice and small jams with other guitarists.

Of course i'll have to convince my parents to let me buy another new amp just after getting the classic.

Classic 50 is working alright for now but i'll probably get something smaller to use indoors. Maybe a used MIA Palomino.

I've heard that Palaminos have a more Marshall sound while C30/50s are more Vox but i'm not sure.
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2