I am having problems mastering eruption. Much of it I know, but there are some spots I need help with that I have practiced forever.

Vid I'm learning from

h= Hammer on
p= Pulloff

E-------------------------
B-4h5h7p5p4----------
G---------------7--------
D-------------------------
A-------------------------
E-------------------------

This lick repeats about 4 times at 0:09, and is hard to do. I've practiced it over and over, but no good sound comes out. I dont have the brown sound, but I still think this could be better. I have having alot of trouble going to the 7 on the 3rd string without making excess noise.

B= Bend
R= Release
P= Pulloff

E----------------
B-20brp17-----
G------------19-
D----------------
A----------------
E----------------

I found this lick at somewhere near 0:25-0:27. It is hard to Bend THEN release and then pulloff and then switch to 19 on the 3rd string. Holding my fingers and trying to make it into a continuous hold is hard. After you release and pulloff excess bend is still on the 2nd string when you fret the 17. Even how much you practice it still is hard.

Could I have any (positive) advice on how to do these parts? It would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by EddieRhoads at Apr 3, 2008,
I'm sorry if this is regarded as spam but I could have sworn the topic title was Erection Problems, hehe.
i have no advice, but the thread title made me laugh like a ten year old
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I saw eruption problems and though well erupting... Yeah....

But umm the best way to do it is to practice, as always.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Erection Problems thats hilarious. So its that why you opened the thread? lmao..

ok sorry
I had to

Well try to hit the frets as perpendicular to the strings as possible. It will help to place your thumb behind the neck, and not around it. But that takes practice. I had that song nailed. The live version though. Except for some parts with the whammy.
Everybody will tell you to use a metronome and slowly increase speed. That song is known for being insanely difficult to play, so you shouldn't be discouraged if you're having trouble with it
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by Reds3031
Everybody will tell you to use a metronome and slowly increase speed. That song is known for being insanely difficult to play, so you shouldn't be discouraged if you're having trouble with it

I don't what rock you've been under, but Eruption isn't "insanely difficult" I mean, it was revolutionary for then...but people that still consider it the most echnical piece of music are kinda...un-educated if I may say so, myself.

But, try and keep your thumb against the back of the neck instead of around it.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
hahaha i love the title. and, 15 seconds into TS' link, that painted cello is badass.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
maybe it would help looking up some other videos of VH actually performing it but then that might be on the vid (cant load it im at uni)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

I don't what rock you've been under, but Eruption isn't "insanely difficult" I mean, it was revolutionary for then...but people that still consider it the most echnical piece of music are kinda...un-educated if I may say so, myself.

But, try and keep your thumb against the back of the neck instead of around it.

I was waiting for one of these posts

Eruption is, in the greater scheme of things, a somewhat difficult thing to play on the guitar.

Fact.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com