Page 1 of 2
Am I the only person in the world who is under eighteen, plays guitar, and doesn't expect their parents to buy them gear.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, pretty much.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
I have to buy my gear
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
I have to buy my stuff.... thats why all my stuff is crap..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
so i do...get use to it
93% of teenagers listen to rap music,if you are part of the 7% who listen to good music, put this in your siggy
no
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
It's I Am Legend all over again...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You know, I was out thinking about something or juice today and this lady stood at the crosswalk next to me waiting to cross. She had a poodle. You know?
I have to buy things like pedals but i mostly get financial help form my parents for all the rest,
Looking for a new sig!
Yes, you are the only person in the entire world. Of a population of 6.9 billion. Congratualtions my friend you are the "chosen one", you're "jesus" the "messiah". Youre the holy emperor. The super hero. What the hell do you want man? A ****ing trophy?
no, i payed for most of my gear. My mom (whos a musician) went halfsies on my gibson but that was my 16th birthday. but my jacskon and my epiphone i got through good hard work. I kinda like that. I feel like i earned my jacskon.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
i have to buy my **** there have been times when a parent has bought me something but i have to pay them back so in turn its like i pay for it myself, but seriously why make this thread
Quote by Xeus
seriously

why make this thread?

what are you trying to prove to yourself?

I was just curoius, I don't know anyone else who plays guitar, and there seem to be hundreds of threads on here asking if the persons parents should by them one type of guitar or another type.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm officially 18...but wven when I wasn't...my parents never bought me my gear.

My cousin just gave me stuff. Because he's sponsored. And it's awesome
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Easy now son. Quit acting like you're most independent, special adolescent among us. I had to buy my gear, which is why it's not top of the line, but I appreciate it more becuase it's earned.
I get the money from my parents but only after busting my ass working to make that money. I don't expect to just be handed a jackson dinky DK2M.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by bassboy 999
Yes, you are the only person in the entire world. Of a population of 6.9 billion. Congratualtions my friend you are the "chosen one", you're "jesus" the "messiah". Youre the holy emperor. The super hero. What the hell do you want man? A ****ing trophy?

Go away. who are you to say that? The point of this thread is that the TS needs to know if we depend on our parents to buy all of our gear. It's depressing to see that a guy i know just goes out and BUYS a mesa boogie head at the local store with his parents money. You want a trophy to show just how goddamn ignorant you are?
Quote by bassboy 999

What the **** is your problem, it's just a question, and I do realise that I'm not the only person in the wolrd who buys there own gear.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
nope i buy all my stuff and i particularly hat when i see people who suck crap and have a 2300$ gibson guitar.....yes i do know people who are like that
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
A friend gave me the first guitar, my mom bought my second for my birthday, and uncle bought my amp (just a practice amp) for christmas, and my mom paid just 200$ for the third guitar for my next birthday, my mom bought me a hundred dollar case for christmas the next christmas. I've bought all my effects/cables/strings/stands/etc myself.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Apr 3, 2008,
Quote by Boogie Man
Am I the only person in the world who is under eighteen, plays guitar, and doesn't expect their parents to buy them gear.

I am 15, and have been paying for nearly all my stuff (not just music related stuff) since I was about 11 or 12...
It took me 2 years just to save up for my Squier P Bass
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
I have to work my posterior off for my gear.
The most my parent's ever got me when it came to gear was a quarter of my first guitar (like 150 bucks).
I bought everything myself!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Cry.

My parents don't buy me my gear, and I've been playing for 5+ years with honestly only about $600 in equipment total. Get a job like me, and get other hobbies like me, and waste all your money on impulse buying like me!!!!
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
no, i must buy all my gear ( but i must say i sail and they pay for all the sailing stuff, so it's kinda fair )
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
I've paid my way through all of my music ****. In fact, I just bought about $1500 in cabs/head. Got some good deals though =] Altogether it normally should've been about $2400.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Nope you're not.
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
I've bough all my stuff myself. Except my first acoustic and my first electric, and lessons of course. But I was 4, and 8 respectively, so I can't really buy my own gear.
Quote by restless_thrash
Go away. who are you to say that? The point of this thread is that the TS needs to know if we depend on our parents to buy all of our gear. It's depressing to see that a guy i know just goes out and BUYS a mesa boogie head at the local store with his parents money. You want a trophy to show just how goddamn ignorant you are?

Hey, if he wanted to know if we depend on our parents to attain gear, he would have put up a poll and asked how many UGer's buy their gear. Something like that. The thread title was "Am I the only one".

Trophies are a symbol of achievement. Ignorance is not something to which you award a trophy for.
Quote by Boogie Man
What the **** is your problem, it's just a question, and I do realise that I'm not the only person in the wolrd who buys there own gear.

I found that the manner in which you presented this "question" to be extremely self promoting. If you did realise that, then you would have called the thread something else.
I bought all my own gear. I've told my mother not to worry about my last few birthdays and Christmasses because I don't need anything and she deserves to keep her money.
yea, the reason i have pretty good gear is that i bought pretty much NOTHING but guitar stuff with my money. I havent gotten a video game in about a year. now im gonna try to trade in my epiphone for a strat.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
big deal you pay for your own gear as does 90% of UG
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Page 1 of 2