Well, I love the feedback those pickups can provide. However, I can't see myself giving up one pickup. Is there a pedal capable of doing the same thing.
I'd say an Ebow could get you a close sound, not sure about pedals though.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
Perhaps a compressor/sustainer...
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by nyandres
Well, I love the feedback those pickups can provide. However, I can't see myself giving up one pickup. Is there a pedal capable of doing the same thing.

You know its not "giving up" a pickup right? It actually does sound half-decent, PLUS you can adjust is how you want.

On another note, i have no idea what could produce that kind of feedback that far out.
only an ebow will do it, albeit to only one string.

there is no such pedal that will make your strings vibrate the way a string driver like the sustainiac or an ebow will, nor will there ever be since it's pretty much nearly impossible, very improbable and extremely infeasible to do so.

they dont produce feedback. they make the strings themselves vibrate.

buy a violin bow like the dude from sigur ros.
There isn't a pedal that will do it. As you probably know, the sustainer gives you that sustain by actually makin the strings vibrate.

An Ebow is a viable choice, but it requires alot more getting used to than the sustainer would.

You can extend your sustain a little doing various things, such as raising guitar action, increasing gain, vibrato'ing more, getting a compressor, adding weight to your headstock and a few other things.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'd just get the sustainer, personally. There's nothing else on the market capable of replicating it - even the Ebow is a poor substitute. The pickups themselves actually sound very nice, I wouldn't be overly worried about losing some of your tone by fitting them.
I was told high output pickups will affect the way they work negatively. I have two of the highest output pickups in the market. They may work horribly for me
Quote by nyandres
I was told high output pickups will affect the way they work negatively. I have two of the highest output pickups in the market. They may work horribly for me

which ones?
Well they are not installed yet, but I just bought 2 D-activator X pickups by dimarzio. I loved the X2n and these are supposedly similar, but also have a good clean sounds. Sounds like the perfect metal pickup to me. I hope they do sound like the X2n, and cleaner which id like for legato and tapping.
EMGs + neck-thru + compressor pedal will give you pretty good and REAL sustain but nothing close to a sustainer. The sustainer magnetically vibrates the strings for as long as you want.

Line 6 Spider Valve 212

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by dogismycopilot
You know its not "giving up" a pickup right? It actually does sound half-decent, PLUS you can adjust is how you want.

On another note, i have no idea what could produce that kind of feedback that far out.

Like i said....
The Sustainiac system doesn't give up a pickup. The neck pickup works as a regular pickup when the Sustainiac system is off. It has a wiring option which I installed an additional push/pull pot in my Les Paul to make the Sustaniac pickup sound like a Humbucker. In the off position, It thins out a bit like a single coil... I love it.

But be advised, when in Sustain mode, only the bridge pickup works no matter how you have the guitar selector switch set. Cool idea if you are playing on the neck pickup and switch the sustainiac on for lead.... When your lead is over, turn off the Sustain and it will automatically turn the neck pickup back on...

I love it!!!!
Lord Byron