So my next guitar I was looking into the more shred aspect of playing. Many of you who chill out in this section of UG might remember my love and fascination for Ibanez guitars.

Well I finally found my dream guitar where I take lessons every week.

The Ibanez RG Prestige 2550 with DiMarzio's!

I am in love with this guitar. In musiciansfriend they want over $1000 for it.

So I ask the guy who works there how much it is (expecting at least $1000) and he says he'll sell it to me for $729.

So what do you think? Deal or No Deal?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I say deal.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by conky_600
I have the 2570E and its a great guitar, so i say go for it.

Is the Floyd Rose hard to get used to?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god

Tuning these tremolo systems is really annoying. But they are awesome. IF you play high gain stuff. You are gonna love to improv with them.
Quote by nyandres
Tuning these tremolo systems is really annoying. But they are awesome. IF you play high gain stuff. You are gonna love to improv with them.

Ya I've heard tuning them can be a bitch but don't all you have to do is loosen the bolts, tune, then tighten the bolts again?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Quote by angus is god
Ya I've heard tuning them can be a bitch but don't all you have to do is loosen the bolts, tune, then tighten the bolts again?

Is much more than that. the thing with the system is that the position of the tremolo depends on the tension of the strings. So say you have all the strings really loose right. As soon as you tighten one string, the other ones will loosen since the bridge will move up. So it takes a few tried to get the tuning right accross al the strings. Its not as bad as it sounds. Its really easy. Its just annoying since it is sortof time consuming
Quote by angus is god

No you should get used to it quickly, and tuning isn't that hard at all, i have no problem with it at all, and restringing it is very easy, if the bridge is set up properly.
ah my buddy has this guitar. he payed around ~900 Canadian i believe from a local shop. So i suppose the offer of 729 is not bad at all. very nice guitar.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by conky_600
No you should get used to it quickly, and tuning isn't that hard at all, i have no problem with it at all, and restringing it is very easy, if the bridge is set up properly.

The shop sells to professional musicians so its most likely set up right but I'll ask.

Anything specific I should look for that would indicate that its not set up right?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox