If I keep my grades up, my parents are going to let me get a new guitar. Now I've played the Xiphos a while ago, and thought it had a great feel, but of course I want other opinions. I'm still at school for another month, so I wont be able to really go out and play anything for a bit, just doing some research for now.

I've heard the Edge III isnt that great, but its already fitted to swap for an Edge Pro if need be. Will I need to do this? How much will that cost?

I know theres the deal with the neck dive, and that can be fixed by changing the strap pins onto the horn, so thats no big deal.

Are there any other concerns about the Xiphos that you know of? Or any other guitars you'd recommend that I try out for a similar price?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
The edge pro wont fit on where the edge III is. But the even better Original FLoyd Rose will fit. So its al good.
Oh, i thought i heard that the Edge Pro would fit there and OFR would need some routing.

How much is it to make the switch from Edge III to OFR?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Ive found that the xiphos is a really nice guitar, but i also found that its like theres something missing, like someone took a knife and carved a lil bit outta the tone, id say youd be far better with a schecter hellraiser
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Check out the S520
It has a ZR tremolo