Could I get a list of some good songs in C major? preferably some songs that have the same style as Steve Vai and youtube phenomenon Mattrach

Thanks guys

-TDK
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
ten words by joe satriani i believe
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Plenty of RHCP songs, to the best of my knowledge. Californication comes to mind, but it's in the relative minor(A). There's more, I just can't think of them right now.
Quote by ratm92
ten words by joe satriani i believe

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I get chills every time I listen to that song.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Thus making it completely different...
Yeah, hence why I said there were others. I know it was a bad example, I just couldn't think of something else. Forgive me!
Quote by grampastumpy
Plenty of RHCP songs, to the best of my knowledge. Californication comes to mind, but it's in the relative minor(A). There's more, I just can't think of them right now.

Well I have a song in C major, so it's relative minor isn't going to work, I just want to get a jist of how to work around with the C scale, so I can write an actual studio solo, then just **** around live
I'll admit it was a bad example.

BUT(unrelated to my bad example), rather than getting an idea of working with the C major scale, at least on guitar, your goal should be more geared to working with the major scale, possibly using C as a "gateway" scale since it's so convenient. Just my opinion.
Quote by NByz
Are you talking about playing on a keyboard?

no
Ah so you want to get some examples of riffs in C major and try to put them over this song.

I like just jamming through the various pentatonic modes when I'm trying to make stuff up. It seems the non-pentatonic notes in the key are useful mostly for transitions or quick runs and stuff.

Maybe that's not helpful...
Quote by NByz
Ah so you want to get some examples of riffs in C major and try to put them over this song.

I like just jamming through the various pentatonic modes when I'm trying to make stuff up. It seems the non-pentatonic notes in the key are useful mostly for transitions or quick runs and stuff.

Maybe that's not helpful...

not quite, I just want to see how some people use C major and certain notes over others and apply to my own theory
Warm Regards by Vai is in C Major.

One of my favorite Vai pieces.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!