im looking for a guitar somewhere around $1000, it can be a little higher or lower i dont really care.
im just trying to figure out what i want to save for.

some requirements:
has to have tremolo
no preference in pickups
i also need easy upper fret access
i play everything from blues to muse, and i REALLY want something to capture matthew bellamy's sound.

im open to any suggestions
Bellamy's sound is pretty cool, but hard to replicate. I would go with an Ibanez S Prestige or RG Prestige, or a Jackson of some sort.
Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter.

They all make really good guitars with trems and easy upper fret access. Schecter is a little Metal biased though.
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Quote by hushie_619
Ibanez, Jackson, Schecter.

They all make really good guitars with trems and easy upper fret access. Schecter is a little Metal biased though.

do you have any specific suggestions??
i dont know too much about ibanez or jacksons.
Ibanez RG's are beautiful, as are Jackson Soloists, and if you want something a little extreme shaped, go with an Ibanez Xiphos or a Jackson Warrior. Jackson makes a nice V also, like a RR model (Randy Rhoads sig).
Quote by Kensai
A paul reed smith se paul allender is about 650, they also have a new se singlecut trem that they showed at the NAMM festival, I am not sure when that hits the market. An american strat would be a great fit, you might want to find one with a bridge humbucker for a bit of a warmer sound. If you have any experience building guitars you could add a simple strat style trem to most guitars if you are willing to do a little routing, and other work. An Gretsch Guitars G5235GL G. Love Corvette Electric Guitar is pretty nice (I have only heard, never played one) I have played some lower end gretsch guitars, namely the Electromatic pro jet with bigsby whiched seemed pretty good but that is about 500 dollars. Your options become a little limited when need to have that tremolo. I have heard of some old flying v's with tremolo's. Personally I love the flying v's (I wish I had one) I have tryed one out many times., but good luck finding a vintage flying v trem in good condtion for under 100.
But look around a bit, ebay if you don't absolutly need a new guitar. For a mainstream guitar though i would say an american strat is your best bet.
Quote by hushie_619
Ibanez RG's are beautiful, as are Jackson Soloists, and if you want something a little extreme shaped, go with an Ibanez Xiphos or a Jackson Warrior. Jackson makes a nice V also, like a RR model (Randy Rhoads sig).

well, i play a fair bit of classic rock as well, and im kind of afraid an ibanez or jackson wont be able to handle it.
Quote by wohzah
A paul reed smith se paul allender is about 650, they also have a new se singlecut trem that they showed at the NAMM festival, I am not sure when that hits the market. An american strat would be a great fit, you might want to find one with a bridge humbucker for a bit of a warmer sound. If you have any experience building guitars you could add a simple strat style trem to most guitars if you are willing to do a little routing, and other work. An Gretsch Guitars G5235GL G. Love Corvette Electric Guitar is pretty nice (I have only heard, never played one) I have played some lower end gretsch guitars, namely the Electromatic pro jet with bigsby whiched seemed pretty good but that is about 500 dollars. Your options become a little limited when need to have that tremolo. I have heard of some old flying v's with tremolo's. Personally I love the flying v's (I wish I had one) I have tryed one out many times., but good luck finding a vintage flying v trem in good condtion for under 100.
But look around a bit, ebay if you don't absolutly need a new guitar. For a mainstream guitar though i would say an american strat is your best bet.

yeah i was thinking about a strat.

what do you think about this?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=515747
Carvin? They give you a lot of choices, for a grand you should be able to get what you want.
I'm pretty sure a Jackson or Ibanez could handle almost anything and everything you can imagine Tonewise, if that is what you mean.
Quote by Kensai
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Carvin? They give you a lot of choices, for a grand you should be able to get what you want.

Seconded.