Page 3 of 16
I'm not sure if I hate this band because of their music, or because people hardcore dance at their shows. I feel both possible reasons are equally legitimate. Meh.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I'm not sure if I hate this band because of their music, or because people hardcore dance at their shows. I feel both possible reasons are equally legitimate. Meh.

Well i love the upsides but i had no idea that people would actually hardcore dance to that. I hate hardcore dancers at shows like this with a passion. Ruin it for everyone because for some reason they think everyone around them WANTS to be ran into at full pelt with fists flying around the air.
Quote by StonaLemons
Well i love the upsides but i had no idea that people would actually hardcore dance to that. I hate hardcore dancers at shows like this with a passion. Ruin it for everyone because for some reason they think everyone around them WANTS to be ran into at full pelt with fists flying around the air.

Protip: don't stand in the pit.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Protip: don't stand in the pit.

Well for some reason these dancers decide they need a pit which is half the size of the room in smaller shows. Im perfectly fine with getting bumped a bit by moshing but when theyre swinging their arms around their head i AM going to lash my elbow/fist out as they run at me.

I could put up with it if it was at a geniune hardcore show but i dont get how this wave of bands is suddenly considered 'hardcore' pop punk when theyre nothing like proper hardcore...
I think it's just because hardcore kids seem to like them, and they don't know what else to do at shows.

But yeah it's stupid.
I am OBSESSED WITH THIS BAND HORY SHET I CAN'T STOP LISTENING D;
love is love // return to dust
I cannot stop listening to this band. They're actually amazing, best new band I've heard for so long.

And I get to see them with FYS at the Kerrang tour next month

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
They were working on a new album already?
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
If it's anywhere near as good as The Upsides I'll be happy

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
It's good to finally find a band that seems to only care about telling an emotionally touching story with their lyrics instead of worrying about catchy choruses for the masses. But they're catchy anyway.

bring back UG classic
I like it so much more than The Upsides. I honestly don't really see why everybody jizzes their pants over it. Melrose Diner is the only song I like on it.
I haven't heard Get Stoked On It, I'll give it a spin soon though, but The Upsides, something about it is incredible.

I feel like I've gone through a journey whilst listening to the album, I love how all the themes repeat through the album. It's not even an epic record or something but something in me loves it and it feels fresh.

I love the repeating lyrics through the album like on My Last Semester and All My Friends Are In Bar Bands.

bring back UG classic
Personally, i love how the phrase "I'm not sad anymore" appears on a lot of the songs. it really expresses something special on it.

Quote by HeavyMetalMan28
I like it so much more than The Upsides. I honestly don't really see why everybody jizzes their pants over it. Melrose Diner is the only song I like on it.

i think its because that album is more hardcore-influenced. they're both great albums though
Last edited by Rocks ur Life at Jan 14, 2011,
The fad is over. Got really tired of this band. There are still some really cool tracks on The Upsides though. Hopefully they won't just rewrite it for their new record, something different to get me back into them would be nice.
Ive barely listened to their stuff before upsides but it didnt sound too good when i tried their earlier stuff.

The upsides i actually would say is one of the albums of the decade for me. I only just discovered the 'a new hope' version of logan circle, its brilliant.
Quote by StonaLemons
Ive barely listened to their stuff before upsides but it didnt sound too good when i tried their earlier stuff.

The upsides i actually would say is one of the albums of the decade for me. I only just discovered the 'a new hope' version of logan circle, its brilliant.

I love how the two Logan Circles are kinda the same song but different.

bring back UG classic
Quote by StonaLemons

I personally think Won't Be Pathetic Forever, and Distances are better than the Upsides
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Last edited by guitar_rules311 at Jan 15, 2011,
Just saw them and FYS, shit crowd and setlist was pretty weak no hostels or melrose..
I like how this band has become a laughingstock of sorts, but deep within this thread's annals you can spot most of the people who now hate this band praising them at one point or another. Fun read.

EDIT: And Fred Savage is the world's greatest actor.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I still like this band. The Upsides has actually grown on me.. They'll never be as good as their Won't Be Pathetic Forever EP though.
I'm an asshole.
The new album is finished recording apparently.

bring back UG classic
Quote by nashawa
EDIT: And Fred Savage is the world's greatest actor.

Followed closely by Ben:

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Meh... The Wonder Years was better than Boy Meets World.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Saw this band last night, and talked to Four Year Strong in the bar.

The Wonder Years are absolutely epic live, maybe better than on the record.

bring back UG classic
Quote by Rocks ur Life
What have they been playing? are they still doing The Upsides front-to-back?

Well they were only the opening band, and I missed a few songs cos of the queue, but I remember some older songs, Logan Circle, My Last Semester, Melrose Diner, Washington Square Park and they closed All My Friends Are In Bar Bands. They were the best opening band I've seen in a while.

bring back UG classic
I only got a ticket for them, and I'm not going to queue early how much of the set'll I miss? And what's FYS's set like?
TWY's set list sounds pretty good, if I manage to get in on time.
Oh, and were they selling merch?

Quote by Gerard_xD
I only got a ticket for them, and I'm not going to queue early how much of the set'll I miss? And what's FYS's set like?
TWY's set list sounds pretty good, if I manage to get in on time.
Oh, and were they selling merch?

All 4 bands are selling merch. Got a pretty cool FYS top but didn't have enough moeny for TWY, I'll have to wait for another gig :/

FYS play mainly new stuff, but its still a really good set, it felt like FYS could've headlined because the crowd was so good, and they did Maniac and the circle pit for that was great.

TWY were also great for a generally unknown opening band, had a decent crowd response and pits, I missed one song and had to mosh with my bag because I didn't want to miss them.

bring back UG classic
Cool, just checking, cause sometimes the opener doesn't do merch. I'm going to have to choose between a FYS and TWY top too :WTF:

I wish FYS were headlining, I don't really care much for Good Charlotte. Also, TWH should really be more well known, or at least well-known enough to be on after Framing Hanley