Page 4 of 16
I went to the bar during Framing Hanley.

I would go on a FYS/TWY tour tbh, but if you were a kid when GC were big you'll enjoy them, they do put on a really good live show and get everyone involved.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
I'm not going to the show because of:

1 - The price
2 - Good Charlotte
3 - Framing Hanley
4 - The crowd
5 - The journey not being worth the first 4.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
I'm not going to the show because of:

1 - The price
2 - Good Charlotte
3 - Framing Hanley
4 - The crowd
5 - The journey not being worth the first 4.

I live 2 minutes away from the venue, so it was cool, £16 aint bad, plus i managed to win an extra 4 tickets from twitter then sell them.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
£16 is a fair amount if you're only going for 2 bands and neither are headlining though. And the venue is at the other end of the country in my case

Whatever, I'm sure I'll see the Wonder Years some other time (if not, no great loss) and at this point I don't care about seeing FYS because they have so many annoying fans now. They are really good live though.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I went to the bar during Framing Hanley.

I would go on a FYS/TWY tour tbh, but if you were a kid when GC were big you'll enjoy them, they do put on a really good live show and get everyone involved.

I would love for that tour to happen so much, I do kinda like GC, but I'd probably be better to just go get the train home, they always seem to be off by the time I get out of a gig

Quote by Gerard_xD
I would love for that tour to happen so much, I do kinda like GC, but I'd probably be better to just go get the train home, they always seem to be off by the time I get out of a gig

Gerard, where are you from ?
Cause TWY is doing a small headlining tour soon and you could probably get tickets to it if you want.
but GC annoys me. I don't really know why. I never really got into them,
I have had Melrose Diner on replay for a week.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by lookpizza
Sounds like a boring week.

?

Great song imo.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No shame in the fact that I've listened to this band a lot the past couple of days. They're fun. Faggy, unintelligent and they're apparently dickheads, but they're fun.
Their lyrics are amazing, like they speak to me in a way no other band except A Day To Remember can.

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Their lyrics are amazing, like they speak to me in a way no other band except A Day To Remember can.

I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza

I like the lyrics, they speak to me.

I listened to metal for a long time and I've gone off of lyrics singing about vast abstract concepts such as war and love and stuff.

A Day To Remember and The Wonder Years write about problems we encounter in everyday life, the little things, and I find that so much easier to relate to than songs about The Fall of the Grand Demon or whatever.

I'm not saying the lyrics are particularly clever, or to win any musical prizes, but they relaye to my life, I shouldn't get a facepalm for that.

bring back UG classic
If A Day To Remember lyrics relate to your life you should definitely be facepalmed.

Random example:
We're finally alone at last
Oh how I've waited for this day to come
There's just something about you that rubs me wrong
You're not worth my attention
I built this with my own two hands
If you could spare me the time
Stop using me as your next misconception
I don't believe that everything
you've known about me is gone forever
And I won't forget the days
that we spent forever, it haunts me

This literally makes no sense whatsoever. Why would he wait for the day to come if the person isn't worth his attention? What did he build? Spare the time for what? How do you use a person as a misconception? How does someone spent days together forever?

If you can relate to any ADTR songs, you probably just have a learning disorder.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
If A Day To Remember lyrics relate to your life you should definitely be facepalmed.

Random example:
We're finally alone at last
Oh how I've waited for this day to come
There's just something about you that rubs me wrong
You're not worth my attention
I built this with my own two hands
If you could spare me the time
Stop using me as your next misconception
I don't believe that everything
you've known about me is gone forever
And I won't forget the days
that we spent forever, it haunts me

This literally makes no sense whatsoever. Why would he wait for the day to come if the person isn't worth his attention? What did he build? Spare the time for what? How do you use a person as a misconception? How does someone spent days together forever?

If you can relate to any ADTR songs, you probably just have a learning disorder.

I'm not going to go quoting every ADTR lyric that relates to me, but songs that stand out at the moment are Another Song About The Weekend, All Signs Point To Lauderdale, Plot To Bomb The Panhandle, 2nd Sucks, and You Should've Killed Me When You Had The Chance.

When you read into the lyrics of those songs they have meaning to me.

I don't have a learning disorder, I just find they speak to me. Just cos you dont think the same doesnt make me any less intelligent.

bring back UG classic
The songs don't make any sense, literally and grammatically. You're relating to nothing. I find it extremely sad that something with absolutely no substance would ever be referred to like that, I'm guessing you're very young.
I'm an asshole.
I agree with Mike, if you're listening to lyrics like "I'll make my stand, right here with my friends" and claiming that they mean something to you, then you are somewhat thick, or are a bro who has never had any true problems in life. There's no substance in A Day To Remember's songs at all. Why search for something that doesn't exist?
I like the lyrics okay?

I like The Wonder Year's ones more though.

bring back UG classic
I like ADTR's lyrics too. Heartless is a great song to relate to at times, and as endtherapture said, they write songs about things that affect normal people's lives. They aren't amazing but they make sense.
I was going to write about how some of your examples make sense but it's just not worth it.

And +1 to The Wonder Years lyrics being better

Have you ever actually sat down and read ADTR lyrics?
Yes.
I'm obviously not saying that Jeremy's an amazing lyricist, because he's not, just that for some situations they're more relatable than some bands.
EDIT: on the other hand, some of them leave me confused or cringing.

Somebody link me to the best ADTR song. I assume they're ****ing awful, but I don't think I've heard them before.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The thing is that I could sit down and write lyrics exactly like his in like ten minutes. I could finish an album's lyrics in an hour at most.

Here's even a step by step process about how to write songs like ADTR

1. Pick a friend who spilled your beer once and didn't apologize.
2. Write about how sad and how heartless it was for him to not get another for you. Use lots of phrases like "you don't know" or "something something worth fighting for".
3. So that you don't sound like a gay, throw a she in the place of one or two places where it should be he.
4. Make it very general, so people can relate. NEVER mention the actual event, because then you'll lose fans for not being relatable.
5. Remember to add a line or two that get screamed, but make sure it's aggressive. If you've been talking about how sad the spilt beer made you feel, then switch to describing anger for a verse.
6. Lather, rinse, repeat.
7. Record with your band that makes all instrumentation sound either the same or a ripoff of something else.
8. Tour with Four Year Strong.
9. Sell Album.
10. Profit!
Quote by BK202
The thing is that I could sit down and write lyrics exactly like his in like ten minutes. I could finish an album's lyrics in an hour at most.

Here's even a step by step process about how to write songs like ADTR

1. Pick a friend who spilled your beer once and didn't apologize.
2. Write about how sad and how heartless it was for him to not get another for you. Use lots of phrases like "you don't know" or "something something worth fighting for".
3. So that you don't sound like a gay, throw a she in the place of one or two places where it should be he.
4. Make it very general, so people can relate. NEVER mention the actual event, because then you'll lose fans for not being relatable.
5. Remember to add a line or two that get screamed, but make sure it's aggressive. If you've been talking about how sad the spilt beer made you feel, then switch to describing anger for a verse.
6. Lather, rinse, repeat.
7. Record with your band that makes all instrumentation sound either the same or a ripoff of something else.
8. Tour with Four Year Strong.
9. Sell Album.
10. Profit!

I'm not defending ADTR because I don't like them but you are hilarious. If it's so easy, why don't you make millions of people scream the lyrics you wrote back to you?

Quote by tr3nt
I'm not defending ADTR because I don't like them but you are hilarious. If it's so easy, why don't you make millions of people scream the lyrics you wrote back to you?

Find him a song that proves him wrong. They get fans via catchy melodies and conforming to what's popular, not the strength of his lyrics.

They write some decent poppy stuff, but the horrible structuring and poor attempts at heavy parts annoy me. I'd like them far more if they just stuck to radio rock.

Example:

Get up, get out,
This is your wake up call,
We run this town and you can't fight us all,
We keep 'em coming back for more,
Don't think you can hold us down,
We'll tear this building down,
Try to be careful what you say

Give it up, your tact is astounding,
Find your place and leave us with some peace of mind,
You do this every time

So here's to another banner year,
We've crossed that thin line,
Don't try to hold us here,
If for just this once you'd think of us,
I hope you're happy with yourself

Get up, get out,
Who's gonna break your fall,
When we don't back down, you're gonna seem so small,
We keep 'em running for the door,
Just wait, things will come back around,
It's too late for them, they're headed straight for a melt down,
I'm not a part of your cliche (lol its funny because you are)

Give it up, your tact is astounding,
Find your place and leave us with some peace of mind,
You do this every time

[x2]

Just think about, just think about everything,
Be careful now, be careful what you say,
While I'm away.

This is the life we chose,
This is the life I lead,
They can never take this from me
[x2]

*ridiculous beatdown*

[x2]

I could write lyrics equivilant to those in about 10 minutes, seriously.
Ok? I didn't say they were great lyrics, I just laugh at people like you who say it's easy.

That's exactly what my post addressed. It IS easy. The catchy melodies are what have made them popular, and those take more skill than lyrics like those.
Quote by tr3nt
Ok? I didn't say they were great lyrics, I just laugh at people like you who say it's easy.

You laughed at me
and I laughed right back
you thought I'd give in
but I took the knife from my back
you're nothing but trash

I have heart
and this is who I am
this song I sing
will be my last stand
WILL BE MY LAST STAND

you laugh at me
and laugh at my friends
but we are here together
and we'll fight forever
YOU'LL SEE US IN THE PIT

*breakdown

I have heart
and this is who I am
this song I sing
will be my last stand
WILL BE MY LAST STAND

MY FRIENDS ARE BY MY SIDE
THEY'LL BE HERE UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
THIS IS A FAMILY.

I wrote that song to express my feelings towards your post. Music coming soon.
I'm an asshole.
Looks legit, I wrote the breakdown for you btw:

D------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C-------------------------------------------------------------------------------5-5-5----8-8-8
G---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-000-000-----0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---5-5-5----8-8-8
C---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0-0-0-0-000-000-----0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---5-5-5----8-8-8

Needs more references to your friends being by your side though I reckon.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by tr3nt

Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate my humorous step by step list.

But seriously, it's because I'm not a f*cking sellout. I'd rather make music I love than music that's popular.

And it's easy as hell.
Only time will tell.
Breaking down the wall.
I'll make you fall.

Your argument is irrelevant
I've proved you wrong with what I meant.
AND IT'S WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

Lol. I'm having too much fun with this.
Quote by asator
Mike can I write music for your song?

Be my guest.. I bet we can get signed to Rise by the end of the week.
I'm an asshole.
Literally wrote it between my last post and now. Vocal melodies and all. Included BK202's part too. Wish I had some way of recording so I could prove my point