Page 5 of 16
I would seriously record it right now if I had the equipment to do so. Bearing in mind that I can't sing or scream. But then again, ADTR managed....

My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by tr3nt
I'm not defending ADTR because I don't like them but you are hilarious. If it's so easy, why don't you make millions of people scream the lyrics you wrote back to you?
Millions of people? At one concert? Damn. They blew up quickly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Millions of people? At one concert? Damn. They blew up quickly.

I was at that show!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I was at that show!
We all were!

It was a total drag though. I saw them last year at a small arena. It was just me and 19,000 other people. Really intimate.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ADTR still have more relatable lyrics than a majority of bands, like ones who sing about Demons and stuff.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
I don't think I have a single band on my ipod that sings about demons. Who sings about demons?
I'm an asshole.
What really annoys me about ADTR is people claim they make some kind of blend of pop punk and hardcore. Its not a blend at all. They have some random pop punk verse/chorus, then a (crappy) hardcore break down, then they go back into poppunk maybe with some gang vocals (about sticking together etc).

That and my brother playing the whole of homesick repeatively on guitar. All i hear through the walls of his bedroom is the same monotone 'chunkchunkchunkchunk, chunkchunkchunkchunk, chunkchunk' (yeah thats right dave if you read this).

A blend of hardcore and pop punk to me is title fight. They're just awesome.

& I think what i like the most about The Wonder Years is how The Upsides is a concept album all about fighting depression. Its nice for a genre which is supposively all about how much life/girls suck.
ADTR don't blend or mix pop-punk and hardcore. The blend/mix/whatever pop rock and numetalcore.

Title Fight is awesome though. Stoked on the new album.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
ADTR still have more relatable lyrics than a majority of bands, like ones who sing about Demons and stuff.

To write relatable lyrics all you have to do is write either ambiguous songs about sadness or how someone broke your heart. It's not difficult. Writing relatable lyrics that are also intelligent is the holy grail of songwriting imo (Schwarzenbach, Samson, Fallon).

That said, Strike Anywhere will always be the perfect blend of pop-punk and hardcore in my eyes.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
To write relatable lyrics all you have to do is write either ambiguous songs about sadness or how someone broke your heart. It's not difficult. Writing relatable lyrics that are also intelligent is the holy grail of songwriting imo (Schwarzenbach, Samson, Fallon).

So I guess you aren't all bad
Quote by due 07
So I guess you aren't all bad

The fact you didn't recognize John K. Samson made my disdain for you grow.

Quote by lookpizza
The Descendents are my favorite blend of poppunk and hardcore.

In the sense that they birthed the movement, I suppose you're right.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Feb 14, 2011,
Quote by nashawa
The fact you didn't recognize John K. Samson made my disdain for you grow.

In the sense that they birthed the movement, I suppose you're right.

*googles John K. Samson*

From what I've heard of them, I really like Propaghandi, but that's only like two songs. Had no clue what anyone's name is in that band.. Zach sowwy .
Weakerthans > Propagandhi.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
My point is, The Gaslight Anthem and Jawbreaker are my second and third favorite bands .

To keep this on topic, I enjoyed Get Stoked On It! more than The Upsides
I think GSOI sounds too much like way too many other bands that are trying to be hardcore and pop-punk, with the breakdowns, gang vocs and stuff. IMO, they found their sound a bit more on thhe upsides. Also, the over use of synths is a little annoying on some songs.

I'm exited for the new album, apparently we've to expect it around June.

The Weakerthans are in my top three favorite bands.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Gerard_xD
I think GSOI sounds too much like way too many other bands that are trying to be hardcore and pop-punk, with the breakdowns, gang vocs and stuff. IMO, they found their sound a bit more on thhe upsides. Also, the over use of synths is a little annoying on some songs.

I'm exited for the new album, apparently we've to expect it around June.

This is why I find Won't Be Pathetic Forever and Distances their best releases. They don't overuse the synth, and manage to develop their Upsides sound a little more. I loved the Upsides, and I really liked GSOI!, but the middle two combined the best of both.
Quote by Gerard_xD
Soupy's top 5 essential pop-punk records:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1bIFD4R3A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

EDIT: Just noticed Glasgow's mentioned in Hostels and Brothels.

Can someone list the bands? I really want to hear but my internet won't load videos from some users.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
5. Fairweather - If They Move... Kill Them
4. Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon
3. New Found Glory - Self Titled
2. Saves the Day - Through Being Cool
1. Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
My taste in pop punk is so much better than his.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
My taste in pop punk is so much better than his.

Same.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Since I know it's coming:

5. Mr. T Experience - Love is Dead
4. Green Day - Dookie
3. The Lawrence Arms - Oh! Calcutta!
2. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
1. The Ergs! - dorkrockcorkrod
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

And for the same reasons:

5. The Copyrights - Mutiny Pop
4. Boysetsfire - Tomorrow Come Today (not just pop-punk, but the pop punk on it is amazing)
3. Bracket - "E" is for Everything
2. Screeching Weasel - My Brain Hurts
1. Jawbreaker - 24HRT

Gotta give Schwarzenblack #1
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Feb 20, 2011,
lol ^^^
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Can I go?

5. The Queers - Love Songs/Don't Back Down
4. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound (I'd call it pop-punk, anyway )
3. Jawbreaker - 24 Hour revenge Therapy
2. The Ergs! - Dorkrockcorkrod
1. Green Day - Dookie
I would have said 59 Sound as well, but I wasn't sure what to call them.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
There is really nothing wrong with his list. It's arguably just as good as your guys'.
I'm an asshole.
Me saying my taste was better than his was sarcastic (I thought Collin was being facetious too), because it's a stupid thing to have a pissing contest about. I do, however, enjoy my list a whole bunch.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I was too, but he has New Found Glory on it, and that just kills any credibility to me. But it makes sense with his band sounding the way his band sounds.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Hey dudes. My friend gave me a copy of The Upsides because he said he could relate to every song on it and thought I would too. I love pretty much everything about it, so much that I even went out and bought a copy. Which record do you recommend picking up next?