what are the benifits of having a EMG Humbucking Active Pick Up? what makes them different? which ones should i get for an Ibanez RG and i want a Metal sounding guitar.
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Emg 81 in the bridge EMG 85 in the neck if u want metal this pickup setting wont disappoint
research it. Its too much to say on a forum. just go listen and compare

emginc.com
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
I agree, I have an 81 in my bridge and two EMG SAs... the sound wont let you down and active pickups really bring out harmonics, taps, and sweeps. EMGs all the way.
dont limit yourself to only emgs for actives though. ive heard lots of good stuff about duncans. emgs are pretty standard as far as actives. just throwing it out there that there are other brands of good actives.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I would get Duncan Blackout pickups. Actives are run off an 9v battery, so they have extremely high output. Good for distortion, but bad for cleans generally. And you will definately have to stock up on 9v batterys.