hey guys, i just got a schecter c1 FR about two weeks ago, when i got it, the bridge was out so i brought to the repair guy and i just got it back today

whenever i go to tune it, i always have to go sharper, and this is what happened last time, i would keep tuning and tuning and tuning, and it would get to the point where i couldnt go any sharper because the screws wouldnt turn anymore

help! is it me? im tuning for standard but in this order- e, e,b,a,g,d

now the problem seems to have started to happen again, i got the guitar back and already i have rotated each screw about 1 and a half turns to get it right

help!!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
first off what you need to do is loosen the locking nuts and tun it by the head stock tuners and then screw the fine tuners back out ..but make sure there even when you do unscrew them...then after you've did this lock the locking nuts back down and tune it again

also the reason your guitar keeps going out of tune is cause the FR depends on the pul from the string and when you tune it it's gonna knock the other strings out of tune...just tune it till you get it back in tune and it should stay in tune for a long time
so tune the strings until there perfect then it should stay?
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
okay i think i understand this now, my strings have just been A LITTLE out of tune lately, so i have been fine tuning them, but now i cant go any lower on the fine tuners. So now should turn the locking nuts loose and tune regular and do the rest of what was said? Is this normal?
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
That's pretty much what I do. I loosen the bracket at the head and tune with the headstock. Starting with low E, I tune a touch sharp on each string, doing a couple of passes. Then I tighten the bracket and tune with the knobs on the trem.
sorry guys but i really dont wanna **** this up AGAIN So im gunna run through it=)

1- loosen bracket at head

2- tune using the grover headstock tuners, E E A B D G, but tune slighty sharp so you can fine tune with the knobs down by the FR

3- loosen out the FR knobs evenly, ( like a little bit on each one going EEABDG?)

4- tighten bracket

5- fine tune the FR
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
E E A B D G?

wtf?

Have you got the right strings in the right places for the notes you want?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hahahahaha yes i do but look at it this way

im trying to my bridge level, so you tune low e, ( one side of the bridge) then high e, ( the other side of the bridge) then A ( back to the other side to even it out) and continue

no but seriously i have invented this new tuning, its called eeabdg, its so harcore, slipknot doesnt even use it..
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
oic...
just tune it low to high - the bass strings have the most tension and therefore the most drastic effect on the other strings, so you want to get thse sorted first. A small adjustment on the low E will send eveything else noticeably out of tune, conversely a small adjustment on the high E makes next to no difference to your overall tuning.

I've never quite understood the low-high-low-high method, it's just pointless. In standard tuning each string needs to be at a specific tension, provided your spring tension has remained constant that's going to be the same however you ultimately get to it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 6, 2008,
well some people say do- E EB A G D

so then u have a low string, then two high ones, that works fine also
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
With floating bridges, changing one string's tension will change the others.
You can tune in the order you want, but you'll need several passes before every string is perfectly in tune.

What I do is basically how Steven Seagull explained it, tune the low E correctly to E2.
Then tune the A-string to A2. By doing that, E will have gone out of tune a bit again, so go back to first step.
Keep on doing this, always adding the next string to the loop when you have all previous strings approx. in tune.

Also, as you're tuning with your tuning pegs now, you should put all fine-tuners (on the bridge) back to about a middle position. That way, you can use them again next time to correct minor pitch changes.

Grtz
thanks guys! just to clarify, the steps i posted ^^ are correct right?
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010