I want to record a full band, 2 guitars, 1 bass, Vocals, and drums but what would i need?
I know monitors, mics and mic stands, but what else i know there stuff in between but i don't know what it is. Do i need a mixer or that box thing im so confused please help!
in a studio, headphones are best for monitors.
Why do you need to record a full band live?
that would require a ton of high end gear....lots of cash needed for that.

setup with an 8 input firewire interface and enough mics for a full acoustic drumset.
from there get extra mics and then record each other part on its own with the proper mics.

this will cut back on bleeding into the other mics for vocals and such.

What is your budget?

read though Tweaks Guide (google it) and then get back to your budget
Quote by moody07747

setup with an 8 input firewire interface and enough mics for a full acoustic drumset.
from there get extra mics and then record each other part on its own with the proper mics.

What is your budget?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote by moody07747

What is your budget?

+1
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by moody07747

What is your budget?

Ok sorry i dont mean i want to record a full band live, I want to record a full band i guess i could just move around mics but what do i need? obviously mics but then what would i hook up a mixer to my computer? But if i get a mixer with usb can i hook it up to my computer and use a program like acid to mix everything?
The interface replaces the mixer, which can be adjusted in software. You'll need Firewire to get individual tracks to record and master with...USB will give you a stereo output only. If you must have a mixer, look into M Audio's NRV10 or Mackie's Onyx series. The latter needs to be modded if you want to use its equalized sound in your recordings.

And actually I disagree with using headphones, unless I've read moody incorrectly. They're good for isolating details, and monitoring while playing, but there are not meant to replace monitors.
I would suggest recording each intrument seperately. For this, you will only need one mic for bass, guitar and vox, and the number of mics you wish to invest in your drums is up to you. You can get a good sound with just two condesers though.

All you need is an interface and your choice of mics and you're set.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
The interface replaces the mixer, which can be adjusted in software. You'll need Firewire to get individual tracks to record and master with...USB will give you a stereo output only. If you must have a mixer, look into M Audio's NRV10 or Mackie's Onyx series. The latter needs to be modded if you want to use its equalized sound in your recordings.

And actually I disagree with using headphones, unless I've read moody incorrectly. They're good for isolating details, and monitoring while playing, but there are not meant to replace monitors.

I meant the person in the room playing the instruments should be monitoring with cans, the guy at the control desk should always use desktop studio monitors.

I thought that would come up and was just about to change it...too late