Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
56 26%
28 13%
133 61%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 2
What do you do when a string breaks and you don't have extra strings?

Which are you mostly like in this problem.

1.Personally, I just continue shredding/play until I get money for new ones.

2.My friend says that he stops playing guitar until he gets money to buy strings

3.I always have a spare.
I usually rig another string to work. I've been known to use A and D strings interchangeably..

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by sum_ugly_man
1, except I don't "shred".

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Quote by freakypop

Shredding is not for everyone.Shredding is only for gods like us....people who don't know how to shred are the.....low-ender....

I was joking so don't go all period mode on me.
Quote by freakypop

oh really? so les paul, SRV, Hendrix, Page, Frooosh and all the players who don't play a whole bunch of notes as fast as possible don't play guitar?

On topic, I'm currently using a B string for my high E. It's about a .15 or so. Getting a good workout from bending that.
I would just go and buy new ones ASAP. Who doesn't have 10 bucks for new strings.

Don't want any hobos on my UG.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
I would just go and buy new ones ASAP. Who doesn't have 10 bucks for new strings.

Young man, you have change?
yeah they usually break at the bottom so if u wind the string up heaps on the tuner, u can just loosten it a bit then jam the string back in (only if u have a floyd rose)
RG's & Mesa's
I'm mainly a bass player, so I'm forever breaking those puny guitar strings. It's no big deal to cope without one for a few days.
i had a different problem the other night when i went to change strings using my 'back up' set only to realize that i had poached the low E string from said 'back up' set at a time when i was f'ed up and and had to do a redo
because it was low E i gave up for the night and got 3 sets of strings the next day so i would have a back up to back up.
I just get in my car and go get a string in usually less than 12 hours. The day I can't afford a $5 pack of strings i am ****ed in many aspects of life.
I don't brake strings jokes, I always have spear.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
either three or one or in the extreme case if i'm just at the end of a song and i have a squire hello kitty guitar, i smash it do death.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i keep my old strings and use them if i have to, or i use a thicker string, i had to do that when my friend snapped a string on my epiphone, he gave me £10 for new ones though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
where is the option 'i pick up my other guitar and keep plAYING
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
The word shredding always makes me laugh. A kid at college was playing Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton, in a concert...and he came up to me and asked "Hey dude, would you mind playing the shredding part for me?"

I nearly fainted and fell on the floor imagining Clapton shredding! I was nice and explained what shredding was though

Oh, and more on topic: I ALWAYS break the high G on my 12 string so I'm often playing with 11.
I just put the guitar down and pick up a different guitar. I've always got spares though for when I do want to restring it. I bought a 10 pack of d'addario's and I've got about 5 left still.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Dudage

Lol hey don't pay out on the hobos! We have feelings too! Besides, when I break a guitar string I still have my harmonica...The guitar string bluuuues.
First I dream of the day I'll be aloud to drive then i ask my dad when he can take me to the music store to get the string then I use my brothers guitar until I can get mine fixed up.
I never cut my strings for that very reason. If one breaks, I just roll it out a bit more, tune up, and continue playing.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Buy em by the case.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I always have spare sets, but if I want to play rather than changing strings I use another guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Yea I always try to have another set. If I have 1 set left, that means I need to buy more. And I rarely break strings anyways, the only times I have is when I was just starting out and turned the tuning peg the wrong way
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
my friend said that when you break a string that u need to replace the whole set because its better for the guitar but i dont really think tat
number 3. I always have extra strings. If I don't, I will just continue playing until I get a new pair.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
i replace it with modellin wire

jokes
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
Page 1 of 2