Poll: Which is your favourite picture?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is your favourite picture?
Ozone Angel
5 19%
Flower Girl
6 22%
Rat Radar
6 22%
Ratapult
6 22%
Frisking
1 4%
Balloon Girl
3 11%
Voters: 27.
So I've been thinking a bit lately about doing a tribute to banksy on my new guitar...

For those of you who don't know banksy is a famous graffiti artist in london and he does a lot of controversial graffiti works.

I've picked some that I like... What I'm planning to do is on the front of the guitar have a full picture and on the back have a rat with a listening device.

So these are some of the pics that I'm thinking of using, If I don't like them enough I may create my own and use it for the front. Sorry for not scaling them down but meh...

Please vote!

Ozone Angel

Flower Girl

Radar Rat

Ratapult

Frisking

Baloon Girl
NOSE PICKING IS GROSS! Fingerpicking is NOT!
Quote by Kanthras
Kinda like finger condoms.
Wow weird, I was thinking of stencilling some banksy on my guitar, the one with the guy throwing a bundle of flowers
GEAH
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within
Damm you Jayyy, now I'm hungry

Quote by axefreak129
congratulations on the win-ulacious pizza, good sir.
The ratapult is probably my favorite, and the others are also quite strange but in a good way... This will make for a very cool project.

EDIT: I also really like frisking as well.... (ratapult is still #1)
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
My favorites are the first one and the radar one. I think that would make a good headstock logo or something. Banksy is pretty mint i must say.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Put flower girl on the body and make red acrylic flower leaves inlays.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Banksy is from Bristol, not London. Have you seen any of his stuff in person? It's worth taking a look. It should at least be pretty easy to copy his style, since it's all done with stencils.

I'm not sure which one to vote for though.
I love this thread. I have been OBSESSED with this image for a long time and never knew who the artist was, and now I know.

Just the balloon and the girl is kind of heartbreaking, but then someone scribbled "There is always hope" on the wall which just makes it an outstanding image.

I've been planning to get the girl/balloon tatooed on my ankle/calf for a long time, just never have the cash flow.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by smb
Banksy is from Bristol, not London. Have you seen any of his stuff in person? It's worth taking a look. It should at least be pretty easy to copy his style, since it's all done with stencils.

I'm not sure which one to vote for though.

I live in Bristol, I've seen his stuff in person :P
Got his book too lol
I think Radar rat would look coolest BTW
GEAH
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
USA Big Muff Pi
BOSS BF-2 Flanger
Line6 Spider III 30

Amp fund £90
Quote by fire within
Damm you Jayyy, now I'm hungry

Quote by axefreak129
congratulations on the win-ulacious pizza, good sir.
Thanks for all the votes.

I live in Australia but have been following banksy since a friend brought back photos. What he does is graffiti though even though its art.

I'm definitely putting the radar rat on the back of the guitar because I wanted something more symbolic on the front. Now that I think about it I might put the Ratapult on the headstock...

My big problem is though that everything will be done stenciled. Does anyone have a template of a guitar i can use to see what the pictures would look like on it?? As in just the outline of all the gear and the shape? Had a look through the forums but couldn't find any.

I'm thinking I'm either going to do the flowers blowing away or the balloon, at the moment I'm tending towards the balloon because it doesn't require any inlays and I can print the sheet straight off the computer and cut the stencil out from that.
NOSE PICKING IS GROSS! Fingerpicking is NOT!
Quote by Kanthras
Kinda like finger condoms.